1: Tickle Fights And Drunks

(I drew the picture, btw)

"Ack! Thor! Quit it!" you squealed, trying to push your best friend off of you, laughing so hard it hurt. He was tickling you, and you couldn't breathe from the giggling.

"J-Jane! Hahaha! J-Jane, h-h-help m-me! Hahaha!"

Jane Foster, Thor's fiancé, walked in the living room from the kitchen. Seeing the scene before her, she merely smiled.

"T-Traitor!" you yelled at her, still overcome with laughter as Thor tickled you.

Jane sighed, and jumped on Thor's back, knocking him off of you. "(Y/n), help me!" she yelled, and you held Thor's arms down as Jane started tickling him.

Thor's booming laughter filled your ears as you and Jane continued tickle-torturing him. Eventually, you stopped, and the three of you sat up.

"I almost wish I hadn't introduced you two to each other..." Thor muttered, catching his breath. "You seem to enjoy ganging up on me."

You high-fived Jane. "Hoes before bros." you said, and she laughed.

Jane was great, and the two of you had bonded a lot over the few months you'd known her. But Thor was still your best friend, and he had been ever since he knocked you out of the way of a falling car in London two years ago.

Darcy was cool too, although you didn't know her as well as you did Thor and Jane. Eric Selvig was also a friend of yours.

"So, (y/n)," Thor said, snapping you out of your thoughts. "Are you still looking for a job?"

You nodded, looking at Thor with pleading eyes. "Did you find one?" you asked excitedly, bouncing up and down slightly. Thor laughed.

"A friend of mine, Tony Stark, has agreed to hire you as his personal assistant." he said, and your smile dropped.

You hated Tony, from his drinking issues to his excessive self-love. His ego was bigger than Stark Tower.

You sighed. "Alright." you mumbled. Being the PA of the biggest jerk in New York didn't sound like your dream job, but you were willing to give it a shot. You were working on getting your degree in thermonuclear astrophysics, and you needed a job pretty badly.

"Excellent." Thor said, smiling. "He told me you can start on Monday."

Monday. Two days from now, and you hadn't even had a job interview or anything!

You walked home that evening, and saw someone laying in front of your apartment building. Assuming he was just drunk, you walked up to him and poked his side with your foot.

"Ungh..."

You crouched down. "Um, sir, are you okay? Can you hear me? Do you need help?"

The man opened his eyes groggily, and sat up, head-butting you.

"Ouch!" you said, falling to the ground. He rubbed his forehead. "Who are you?" he asked, glaring at you. You rolled your eyes. "Apology accepted." you said sarcastically. "I'm (y/n)."

The man sat up. "Well, (y/n), would you mind telling me where I am?"

You raised your eyebrows. How drunk is this guy? You thought amusedly.

"New York City." you said, touching the man's head. He was burning up.

"Oh my god, you've got one hell of a fever." you said, helping the man up. "Do you have anywhere to stay?"

The man shook his head, and you helped him up. This was your first time getting a good look at him, and you couldn't help staring.

He was tall, with slick black hair and emerald green eyes. He wore a green long-sleeved shirt, with black pants and boots.

You helped him inside, and he pushed you away from him. "I do not require your assistance walking, mortal." he said contemptuously, and you glared at him.

"Fine then, I guess you don't need a place to sleep then." you said.

His reaction was instantaneous. "No, that's not what I meant!" he said, slightly frantically. "I just meant that I could walk on my own!"

You smirked, grabbing his hand and dragging him to the elevator. You pushed the button for the 15th floor, where you lived in apartment 15-06. You had just moved in last year, once you moved to New York because of your college transfer.

You told him to sit on the couch and went to the kitchen. You fixed two cups of hazelnut coffee mixed with hot chocolate and went back to the living room.

You handed one coffee mug to the man, sitting down in the love-seat across from him. You held each other's gaze for a while, your (e/c) eyes staring into his emerald ones.

"So, since I'm letting you sleep here, and I'm giving you some of my precious coffee, I think I deserve to know a bit more about you." you said, taking a sip of your coffee.

The man sighed. "What do you want to know?" he asked.

The conversation we had went a bit like this:

"So... I've ready told you my name, what's yours?"

"Loki Laufeyson."

"Ok... Are you currently drunk or high?"

"No. But I was lost."

"Are you homeless?"

"You could say that."

"How did you end up in front of this building?"

"I suppose you could say that my father kicked me out."

You gasped.

"Why did he do that?" you asked, and he sighed. "Perhaps I'll tell you eventually." he said. "But for now, I really do need a place to stay."

You but your lip, considering. "Well, I suppose you could stay here for a little while." you said, hating your own politeness.