2: Setup

You throw Loki a pillow and blanket. "Sorry, I don't have a spare room, you'll have to take the couch." you say.

Loki glares. "Fine way to treat a guest..." he mumbled sarcastically. You return his glare with equal intensity. "Well I said sorry, didn't I?" you snap at him.

He looks a bit taken aback, but then smirks. "I suppose the couch would be fine." he said quietly, and you raise your eyebrows. What is he planning? you wonder.

Shrugging your shoulders, you go to your room. You change into a (f/c) tank top and black shorts before climbing into bed. Thinking about everything that happened today, you fell asleep.

The next morning you woke up to sunlight streaming through the open curtains. Wait... open?

You sit up to see that you're on the couch. "What the hell...?" you mumbled, looking around. You walk back to your room to see that Loki is sleeping peacefully in your bed.

"Asshole..." you muttered, a mischievous smirk appearing on your face.

"Rise and shine!" you shout, jumping on him. He woke with a start, and glared at you. "What was that for?" he asked grumpily. You grinned. "You steal my bed, I steal your sleep." you said. "Oh wait no, that sounded so dirty..." You giggled, making Loki smile.

The two of you walked into the kitchen, where you made homemade pancakes for him and you to share.

You handed him a mug of hazelnut coffee and hot chocolate. "I love mornings." you said quietly, looking out your window.

Loki chuckled. "They are nice, aren't they?" he said, putting a hand on your shoulder. You blush a little, but nod.

You go to your room after breakfast, changing into a (fav band) t-shirt, jeans, and black sneakers. You brush your (h/l), (h/c) hair, and wear it (hair style). You apply dark eyeliner and mascara with (f/c) eyeshadow to your (e/c) eyes and add (color) lipstick to your lips.

Once deciding that you look presentable, you walk out of your room.

"Loki, I'm going out with a friend." you say, grabbing a (f/c) jacket and your purse. "I'll be back after lunch. Don't burn the place down."

Loki looks up from the book he had taken from your shelf. "Where are you going?" he asked curiously. You shrug. "Just shopping and out for lunch." you said. "A couple of my friends are coming."

Loki nods and you walk out the door and to the elevator. You press the button labeled "L" for lobby and wait.

Jane and Thor were waiting for you at the bench next to the building. But there was a third person waiting for you as well.

"(Y/n), this is Steve Rogers, a friend of mine." Thor says, and you and Steve shake hands. "I'm (y/n)." you say. Steve smiles, and you smile back.

Jane took Thor's hand in hers, and led the way to the mall. Steve offers you his arm, and you take it and follow the engaged couple.

"So, how long have you known Thor?" you ask Steve, looking up at him. He shrugs. "We met around three years, ago, when his brother Loki tried to take over the planet." he said.

You gasp, and he looks at you with concern. "Is everything alright?" he asks you. You nod. "Yeah, sorry." you lie. "I just think its cool that you saved the world together." you said sweetly.

What was really going through your head was, Holy crap I'm letting a crazy mass murderer live at my house what if Thor finds out oh my god I'm so dead!

But you decided not to say anything yet. You wanted to have a normal day with your demigod best friend, his fiancé, and your new super-soldier pal. Totally normal.

We got to the mall, where Jane made you and Steve leave her and Thor alone to go on your own "date." Steve blushed, but you just shrugged and led him to the food court.

"How about sushi?" you asked, and he nodded. The two of you sat at a table with your trays, and you were trying to teach Steve how to use chopsticks.

"I don't... understand... how these work..." he muttered, and you laughed. "Look, just hold them like this..." You reached out and took his hand, moving it so that he was holding it right. "And just pick it up..." You helped him pick up the sushi roll, and he promptly dropped it when you let go.

You giggled, picking a cucumber roll with your own chopsticks and holding it up to his mouth. He blushed again, but leaned forward and grabbed it.

You giggled again, starting to eat your own sushi. "See, it's not that hard." you say, shrugging your shoulders. Steve rolls his eyes and manages to grab a salmon roll with his chopsticks, shakily holding them out to you.

You smile, steadying his hand with yours taking the sushi from him.

"Awww!" a voice said behind you. You turn around to see Darcy, and grin. "Hey Darcy." you say, and she plops down in your lap. You laugh, and she takes one of your cucumber rolls.

"Hey! That's mine, brat!" you joke, and she gets up. "I assume Jane's little plan to get you a boyfriend worked." she said with a smirk.

You and Steve both blush, stuttering defensive responses of "No," and "It's not like that." Darcy just smirks and walks away.

You bite your lip, looking at Steve apologetically. "Sorry about her." you say, smiling slightly. "She's a bit... weird."

Steve chuckled. "You're talking to someone who was frozen in ice for decades and still looks like this." he said, flashing a smile. "I don't think of anything as 'weird' anymore."

You both laughed, and started talking about everything, from music to school. You told him about how you're working on your masters in astrophysics, and he told you about what music was like in the 40s. It was really fun, until you checked the time on your phone.

You gasp; it was almost 4. "I have to get home." you say, standing up. "I'm... um... expecting company soon."

Steve nodded, standing up as well. "Would you mind if I walked you?" he asked, and you shook your head. The two of you left the mall, and you texted Jane.

You: Hey. We're leaving now.

Jane: Are you headed back to your place already?! ;)

You: NO! It's not like that! Really. I just have to get home. 0///0

Jane: Suuuure. I'll text you later, Thor and I are gonna watch TFIOS.

You: OMG that movie made me cry.

Jane: Yeah, I brought a box of tissues for Thor. He's really sentimental when it comes to that sort of thing.

You: lol. I'll see you later then

Jane: k bye

You reached your apartment building, and Steve stood there awkwardly.

"It- it was nice meeting you." you stutter, and he held out his hand for you to shake. Instead you hug him and give him a kiss on the cheek. As you turn to go into your apartment building, he grabs your arm and spins you around to face him.

"Um... (y/n), are you free tomorrow night?" he asks, turning red. You nod, and he smiled. "Great. Pick you up at eight?"

"Sounds good."

He kissed your cheek before going down the street and you run into the apartment building, frantically and viciously stabbing the "15" button. You couldn't help smiling to yourself, and were still high off of happiness when you entered your apartment.

But the sight of Loki snapped you rudely back to reality.