Chapter Seven: The Future I Had Always Hoped For

I stood there, watching what I couldn't believe I was watching: the guy I had fallen for wrapped in Gigi's embrace. Though it was innocent than I had seen with others, it felt all wrong. Though as I see it, how couldn't he have fallen for Gigi with her medium brown hair with very light but natural highlights and her curvy yet athletic frame. Her height outweighed mine and it was devastatingly funny to everyone else when she uses her height against me. It just hit me that maybe the guy I had always dreamed of ending up with would end up with someone else, war or not. I'd seen other men but none of them interested me as much and they all seemed temporary but Tyler wasn't the same. If there could be anyone who I had to marry, it would've been him, including Orlando Bloom and the Hemsworth brothers. Everyone else just seemed like a dream but a future with Tyler was reality.

Gigi sat there with Tyler's head in her lap and she was intimately stroking his hair. I just sat there during recess, well, near them, and watched but I couldn't stand it. I wondered if he was there voluntarily or if there was something he just wasn't letting on.

                                                                        ~~~~~

The war was getting worse, much worse. Not many major non-Communist countries were left standing. Liora could see it, Ali could see it, and I definitely could see it. There was no doubt that we would be attacked soon seeing as San Pedro was an important port city that dealt mostly with trade. I just kept wondering, though, when it would be our turn to try to hide or run from death. It's depressing and I could see it in the eyes of everyone around me. The war finally seemed real to us. How much longer till it took for it to take its final toll, we would just have to wait and see.