Chapter Eighteen: A New World: My Awakening

When I came around, I found myself in a bed, underneath sheets and covers and all. I could still feel the jewelry weighing me down and figured that my captors just didn't bother to remove the heavy diamonds. I sat up and saw that I was in some sort of a fancy hotel, but unlike the ones in Las Vegas, it wasn't destroyed or anything of the sort. It was nice and reminded me of the ocean. Directly across from my bed, there was another, only one other and the covers had already been turned down like someone had already left it.

I got out of the bed and made its covers nice and neat but as I stood up, I felt a pounding headache. It must've been the wine. Oh, wait a moment, I remember being struck on the head and then blacking out. I looked next to the foot of my bed out of habit and to my surprise, my bag was there. I grabbed it, then rummaged through it to see what had been taken out of it. It wasn't any surprise to find that all my weapons had been confiscated but at least I still had my first aid kit, clothes, and everything else.

I heard my stomach growl and I started to feel parched. What provisions I had in my bag wouldn't suffice. I went to the door and tried turning the handle. Of course, it was locked. However, there was a small sliding panel that reminded me of a dog door or something at the sort. However, it could only be opened from the outside. I was about to turn away when the panel slid aside and a hand shoved two plates through the opening. I reached out my hand to the one that just brought me food but before I could grab it, it withdrew itself and the panel slid shut.

I looked at the food: a bowl of poorly-made goulash, a small side of over-cooked broccoli, and a very hard, probably stale piece of bread that had been hastily buttered. About five feet from the bed I had awoken in was a small table with a basin of water and small glasses next to it. For some sort of a prison, this was really nice. I looked back at the second dish, they wouldn't have given me two dishes unless there was a second person here. In a short while, all my food was gone and I had downed two glasses of water. I felt much better. That was when I saw something I had so strangely not noticed: a balcony with gossamer curtains that blew ever so slightly. Barely visible through them was the silhouette of another person, a boy.

I walked silently through the curtains and saw that the boy's eyes were closed. He looked like he was meditating or something while standing.

I turned to leave when he spoke, "Wait, don't go," eyes still closed.

"I didn't want to interrupt you, Tyler," I said quietly. He, unlike me, had changed into his everyday clothes. "Meditating?"

"Yes; I've been waiting for you to wake up for days. It's so nice here."

"Do you know where we are?"

His eyes opened and he turned to face me. "No," he said seriously, "but I wouldn't mind staying."

"How long have I been out and where are the others?"

"I don't exactly know, though the others, I'd imagine, are in rooms somewhere around here probably identical to this one. But everytime I ask the hand that delivers the food questions, it says nothing. But of course it is a hand, not a mouth."

"A hand is part of a body, therefore it has a mouth," I reasoned.

"That's not the point." I felt him take a good, long look at me. "You still look beautiful."

Of course the made me blush then I averted my eyes. "Please don't look at me like that, Gigi wouldn't like it and it'd feel wrong."

He grabbed my wrist. "Sierra, I've got to tell you on Christmas Eve: I love you." Holy shit. I thought this must be like some kind of a joke.

"Prove it, then." He opened his mouth to speak but I cut him off. "If you are a friend of mine, take my hand." His hand moved from my wrist to my hand. "If you would care for or comfort me, hold me in your arms." With his free arm, he hugged me. My mouth close to his ear, I whispered the last words: "If you love me, kiss my lips." He pulled away slightly and for a split second, I knew this was all an elaborate prank and that I had just made a complete fool of myself. Instead, he continued to hug me and hold my hand, he looked into my eyes and then he actually kissed me. Holy fucking shit, I thought this was a dream... but it wasn't.