In which Maaz offers to sleep with Rania

"Ya Allah you two look like some wild lions right now. Slow down with hoggin all that food up will ya?" Laith says with a grossed out look on his face as me and Maaz continue scoffing up.

After making us talk about everything we did for another hour Laith made us apologize to the bride and groom. That had not gone very well.

She was so mad that she threw both her shoes at us. Maaz being the knight in shining armour that he is, stood in front of me and took the hits.

So we did what we do best after that, we ran. And I'm sure we won't be invited to any other wedding any time soon.

"We had ta survive on granola bars and chips for three days Latih," I say while stuffing more French fries into my mouth. Maaz nods in agreement before doing the same.

Laith rolls his eyes and looks away. After a few minutes Maaz and I wipe our mouths with the napkins and look towards Laith.

"Now what." Maaz says quite bluntly.

Laith rolls his eyes again and leans with his elbows onto the table. "Now I'll call your mom and tell her your safe and then  we can all go back to the hotel, get all refreshed, a good night sleep and head out early in the morning."

Maaz and I both nod in agreement and Laith starts dialling on his phone.

"Asalam Alaikum Aunt--" he moves the phone away from his ear as Maaz's mum suddenly starts bawling and yelling at Laith.

She so loud that we can both hear her even sitting across from Laith, "he's dead isn't he?! Oh my son, my sweet little lumpy and innocent son!! Ohhhhh Allah, how will I live no---"

Maaz rolls his eyes and grabs the phone from Laith. "Mama shhh, calm down, I'm alive." His mom gasps and sniffles a bunch of times and mumbles 'oh thank allah' before beginning to yell in Arabic.

She speaks so fast that I can hardly keep up. My own mother is of Lebanese heritage but since they were never home I never grew up to learn speaking it as a whole, only understanding little bits. Laith and I had just learned English and didn't bother to try Urdu, my father spoke to us in that and we understood it but always spoke back in English.

"Mama! We'll explain everything tomorrow, love you!" With that Maaz pushed the end call button on the phone and hands it back to Laith.

"Wow. I've never heard that many curse words come out form my mothers mouth since the time I told her I had a girlfriend." Maaz says rubbing his forehead.

"You've had a girlfriend?!" I ask trying to keep my voice calm.

He rolls his eyes and throws a salt packet at me. "Of course not silly, I was joking with her and she thought it was true." He says with a laugh.

I laugh too and Laith gives us an amused yet suspicious glance, "there's something different about you two."

We both shrug before awkwardly looking other ways. "Okay then, let's get going, you both stink." Laith says while scrunching up his nose.

Even though we shouldn't have, we left the police car where it was badly parked in front of the hall. Laith thought we should bring it to another station but didn't want us to get in trouble so we let it be.

Maaz and I follow Laith to his car, "SHOTGUN!" We both yell at the same time before sprinting towards the passenger seat. I get there first (may have cheated) and stick my tongue out at Maaz.

He leans over and bites it.

(A/N that came out wrong, sorry here's the real thing XD)

He leans over and flicks my forehead before grumpily getting into the backseat.