In which jealousy is in the air

"STOP STRANGLING MY HUSBAND YOU BIG BAFOON!" I yell as I hit Laith with a cushion. He doesn't listen to me as he continues straddling Maaz's hips and choking him. "HE AINT YOUR HUSBAND YET!" Laith yells and I give him one more swing with the cushion, it's finally hard enough to force him off Maaz.

Maaz sits up gasping for air. He grins at me and says, "thanks Rainy," he turns to Laith and grabs the pillow from me. Maaz hits him a few times while saying, "you could've just made your sister a widow!!"

Laith pushes him away and says, "You aren't married yet!!"

We both glare at him really hard and he finally backs off. Laith leaves and joins Maaz's mum in the kitchen who was causally sipping tea this whole time.

I groan as I touch my hijab. "Awn man, I worked hard on this." I say with a sigh, about to head to the bathroom.

Maaz gives me a cheeky grin as I walk away, "you still look gorgeous though!" He yells out to me, I giggle (A/N I hate this word so much, but desperate times call for desperate measure) slightly before closing the door after me.

Gorgeous my butt. I look like a frikin hut!

(A/N holy guacamole that just rhymed!)

I unwrap it and start doing it again, I put the pins in securely and head out of the bathroom. Maaz has retired to the couch and is by himself watching t.v. I decide not to intrude even though I badly want to and head to Maira's room instead. She grins as she opens the door for and says, "hey Rania! Come help me pick out your wedding dress!"

"Okay," I say excitedly as we both sit down onto her bed, she grins as she brings the laptop closer to us. "I found this really cool designer, her names Romaisa Awad, and she literally makes the most gorgeous dresses!"

Maira opens up her webpage and we scroll through all the options, I have to admit, these are some beautiful designs. One of them catches my eye and I point to it at the same time Maira does, we both laugh as she clicks it open.

The dress is simple but extravagant, it's white yet has some golden touches to it, the top is beaded with diamonds and pearls and the bottom flows out like a waterfall. Maira turns to me at the same time I do and we both start nodding as she says, "I think this is the one!" We squeal really loud like teenage girls and the door to her room suddenly opens.

Maaz stands there with the most worried and confused face ever. "What happened?" He asks looking us both over, Maira turns the laptop away from his view and says, "nothing." He turns his eyes to me and I shrug.

He gives us one more skeptic look before walking out and closing the door after him. Maira grins at me and says, "let's get it!"

I nod and she says, "it says here that it's already made so if we order it right now it'll be here by tomorrow InshAllah!"

After fighting over who's going to pay for it and talking about how I blush so easily when Maaz is around I finally make my way downstairs. I go into the kitchen and find Aunty in there with Laith. Laith is on his phone as I ask Aunty if she needs help with anything.

She smiles at me and says no so I sit down beside Laith, who is rapidly texting someone on his phone and grinning like crazy. "Who are you talking to?" I ask with a smirk as he quickly shuts his phone, he stutters a bit as he says, "no one."

I'm a both to question him further when Aunty says, "did you pick out a dress yet Rania?" I nod with a grin the size of Alaska on my face.

"I'll show it to you later mama," Maira says as she comes into the kitchen. I look at the time and turn to Laith, "don't you have a class that starts in twenty minutes?" He glances at the clock and starts cursing. Aunty hits him with a wooden spoon and he mumbles sorry before saying, "can't believe I forgot! And Zermeen was just texting me about the assignment too!"