Chapter 1

I groaned as I hit my alarm clock, it didn't seem to want to go off. I sat up, picked up the alarm clock and threw it across the room where it shattered. 'Great' I thought to myself.

I slowly got out of bed and hoped into the shower. I washed my hair, conditioned, and shaved before I got out. I quickly wrapped the towel around me trying to warm my frigid body. Once I was rather warm I walked into my room and put on my robe. Then started searching through my closet for clothes to wear on my first day.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself. My name is Lilly Veth, yes Veth it's not Vet or Beth it's Veth. I'm 17 and 5'0 with bright blue eyes and sandy blonde hair. I guess that's it nothing really interesting about me.

"Maddy?" I yelled through the apartment. I waited a few minutes and still didn't get an answer. "Maddy?!" I yelled, this time louder. 'Great she's not even up!' I walk into her room, beside mine and open the door. There she is asleep! "Maddy!" I screamed. She quickly pounced up and in the process fell off of the bed landing with a 'thump'.

I couldn't control myself as I burst into a fit of giggles. "You shoul-d have seen y-your face!" I said as I was trying to calm down. When I finally got done laughing I looked up to see Maddy already looking at me with a mad face. "What the hell Lilly, why did you wake me up?!" She yelled making me flinch at her high pitched screech. "Apparently you forgot to set your alarm you have an hour to get ready, I told you to set it last night!" I said as I walked out of her room and back into mine.

I went to the bathroom and started drying my hair letting it stay in its loose natural curls. When I was finally done drying my hair I went and put on my outfit. After I had my clothes on and hair pined back, the way I like I went over to my dresser and started doing my makeup. I've never really been one of those girls that have loved makeup. I wear noting but clear lipgloss and mascara, on big occasions maybe some eyeliner.

When I was done with my makeup I went and looked in my full length mirror. I actually looked good, not to be self-centered or anything, but it actually looks like I put an effort into myself today, and for me that's a lot.

I skipped into the kitchen and got an apple, washed it, and leaned up against the counter as I ate. I waited for Maddy, knowing it would take her a while I decided to watch some tv. I turned it to 'Friends' I always record that, favorite show!

I got up as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. "About damn time!" I exaggerated. "Yea, yea shut up! At least I made it down the stairs without falling!" She said smirking. Yea, so maybe I had fallen a few times walking down the stairs. My legs are really short!

"Whatever!" I huffed and she pinched my cheeks. "Awe is my little baby sad? I'll take care of you!" She said engulfing me in a hug. "Ahh! Get away, cooties!" I yelled as I ran out the door.

When Maddy finally decided to join me in the car I took off towards the school. "Are you nervous?" I asked as we stopped at a stop light. "No, are you?" She asked. "Hell no!" I laughed. We drove for a few more minutes with the music playing in the background until we pulled into school.

We got out of the car and I checked the time 8:00 a.m. Great we still have 20 minutes. "Come on we need to get out schedules before every one gets inside" I said as I pulled Maddy along.

"Hi, we both just moved here, can we get our schedules?" I asked the lady behind the desk. "What grade are you in?" She asked rather rudely, but I brushed it off. "We are both seniors" I answered for Maddy as well. "Very well!" She said as she handed out schedules and ushered us out of the office.

The bell rang not to much longer after we left. We were walking through the hall when we heard shouting. 'What is that?' I thought to myself. We rounded the corner to see five guys, well six if you count the one on the ground being kicked and punched by the ones above.

The event unfolding before me had me fuming with anger. Bullying is the worst thing you could ever do to a person in front of me, you may not make it out alive. "Hey! What are you doing?!" I shouted as I ran towards the group of boys. 4 of them turned around while the other one was continuing to kick the boy on the ground as he groaned.

As they turned around it was hard to miss how attractive everyone of them were, but that's not what I was focused on. I ran towards the boy, or should I say man, still kicking the guy on the ground. I pulled on his arm as hard as I could, which apparently didn't do much because he just shrugged me off and pushed me over.

'Wow' I thought, 'Am I really that weak?' I asked myself. I quickly got up and continued to pull on him while yelling for him to stop. He spun around so quick it almost gave me whiplash. As he turned around my blue eyes were connected with dark scary green eyes.

"What!" He seethed causing me to step back a bit, but not backing down. "What the hell do you think you're doing?" I yelled at him trying to get my point across. He just chuckled and smirked showing a deep dimple. 'I love dimples, stop Lilly, focus' I thought to myself. "What's so funny?" I said.

"Listen I think you might be in the wrong grade little girl." He said. 'What?!' I thought to myself. I looked behind me to see if he was talking to someone else but came face to face with the lockers. "I'm talking to you, you know" he said. "I'm not a little girl I'm a senior!" I said

As soon as the words left my mouth he had already busted out laughing and the guys behind me chuckling at my comment. "N-no I think your confused." The curly one said. "No I think I'm not!" I said as I showed him my schedule I had gotten just minutes before. His smile instantly dropped and a look of confusion crossed his face.

"Well, welcome to Holmes Chapel" he said smirking.

AN/: hello guys! So excited to be writing this book. It's my first one so don't hate, if there is any bad grammar I will most likely go back and fix it. Leave sweet comments please!

All the love -C