Behind These Hazel Eyes

So...don't hurt me...

Laura: Why would I, or anyone else, *cough* Weiss *cough*

Weiss: Hey!

Yang: Hahahahaha

Ruby: *muffled laughter* T-That's not *pfft* nice

Blake *groans and closes book*: *in a British voice* What are you going on about?

Yang: Is it just me, or did you just sound like some drama from BBC?

On with the story!

-------------------------

Seems like just yesterday

You were a part of me

Ruby steps into the mini mansion that her and Weiss have been living in since they had gotten married 5 years ago. Hanging on her arm was her 7 year old son, Tyler, and on her leg was his twin sister, Cassie. She and the children laugh as she stumbles into the foyerwith the two children limiting her movement. They hop off her and run into the kitchen, wanting to know if their mum had made any chocolate cookies. Ruby grins as she makes her way into the living room. Despite Blake being one of the less rumbunctious one of Team RWBY, the afternoon Ruby spent with her was tiring and all Ruby wanted to do was relax.

I used to stand so tall

I used to be so strong

That suddenly seemed impossible when she heard that familliar laughter.

Your arms around me tight

Everything, it felt so right

Unbreakable like nothing could go wrong

Ruby freezes. She's back are the only two words that she could think of. The world seemed to dissappear, she felt weightless. That laugh brought back so many memories, the most painful one being when she last saw the source of that laughter.

Now I can't breath

No, I can't sleep

I'm barely hanging on

Ruby's emotions tangle themselves in a compicated not as she tries to organize them. How should she feel? Happy? Angry? Relieved? Distressed?

Here I am

Once again

I'm torn into pieces

Can't deny it

Can't pretend

Just thought you were the one

Broken up deep inside

But you won't get to see the tears I cry

What should she do? Yell at her? Hug her? Slap her? Catch her up on what she's missed those years she was gone?...Tell her how Blake's doing?

Behind these hazel eyes

Ruby jumps slightly when a cold, comforting hand lands on her sholder. "Ruby..." Weiss whispers. Ruby turns and looks down at her wife, the CEO of Schnee Dust. In the years they have known each other, Weiss had only grown a couple of inches. Ruby never minded, always saying she was 'fun size'. Ruby is comforted slightly remembering that conversation during their final year at Beacon. Weiss sighs. "Whatever you decide to do, love, I'll support you." The scythe wielder searched the gaze of the older female before nodding and making her way to the dining room, where she can hear the children giggling happily at whatever the unexpected guest was saying. The youngest meember of team RWBY kept her face impassive.