Chapter Four

Chapter Four

One morning Alex returned with a small bag full of fruit cocktail cans. I knew he had got them from building hopping, something only two of us were capable of. He lied and said a storage room was providing our breakfast. I thought it was kind of cool sitting around and lazily eating. Guns were put aside and all of us were more relaxed.

Declan scowled as he ate, a scowl that perpetually hung over his face when he wasn't making fun of me. He was the reason my homecoming was so terrible. You probably are thinking he made it so no one asked me- but what he did was so much worse.

I probably looked like the stereotype for a ''moody teenager", the way my lips weren't smiling and my eyes were dead and cold. They say when you die the light fades from your eyes, if that were true then I had died a while ago.

"The water is running in the shower rooms, Tristan and I found that out this morning," Jason reported. The rules now were that anyone who went out alone had to be with someone. There were no guarantees that the building was 100% Creature free.

As silly as it sounds, I'd get a gut feeling when something was wrong. I usually could sense when we weren't alone. This skill didn't come until post-bite, so I knew it had to useful for Creatures too. Maybe that's how they stayed in the same general area?

"I could use a shower," I smiled over at them. "I'll go after breakfast."

"Not alone," An evil grin spread across Declan's face.

"You can't be serious," I spat. "I am not showering in the same room as you guys."

"Well you aren't going alone, I'm not watching you get eaten." Declan freaking Blaze didn't want me to get killed? What the-

"Well I don't care," I tossed my empty can in the garbage and stood.

"Dec, just let up," Alex sighed. "Let her have her privacy."

"It's the apocalypse! She really cares that much about modesty of all things?" Declan rolled his eyes. "I'm not gonna have her blood on my hands."

"Shut up both of you!" I shouted over their immature bickering. "I'm not dealing with this anymore. Tristan, for the sake of our testosterone filled leader, would you mind keeping watch over me as I shower away from perverted eyes."

The boys all made innocent faces like they wouldn't have been trying to steal looks at me when they could. Declan looked offended.

"What makes him so special?" He demanded.

"Number one; I am sick of you tormenting me and I'm not giving you more ammunition, Blaze, and two, Tristan isn't interested in my gender," I said coolly.

"Huh?" He said, all of his friends following in the confusion.

"I'm gay," Tristan clarified, grabbing me by the hand and taking me to the locker room.

***

After making sure the locker room was clear, I raided the lockers and found new clothes as well as some toiletries. I only took the shampoo and conditioner because I wasn't gonna risk any lingering traces of the virus. The outfit I took consisted of a pair of tight black pants and a new leather jacket. Someone had left an unopened pack of camisoles, so I layered two of those under my coat.

Tristan had his back turned to the shower even after I closed the curtain, which was another reason I trusted him so much. What if he ended up seeing the bite on my arm? That wouldn't end well...