Chapter Twelve

Author's Note- I'VE BEEN DEPRIVED OF WRITING FOR SO LONG! HOW I SURVIVED I'LL NEVER KNOW. I READ SO MUCH THIS WEEKEND IT WAS CRAZY BUT I FELT SO BAD FOR LEAVING YOU ON A CLIFFHANGER! Anywho, here's chapter twelve. I feel like it is most certainly not my best but you deserve an update. I think you guys will really like the chapter after this ;) I hope you will all find someway to forgive me for this terrible chapter. Why she got kidnapped seems like a mystery to me now..... Whatever, I'm just so sorry for my hiatus and the events to come..... Read on and pray for sunnier skies.

Chapter Twelve

"Imogen!" I yelled as loud as I could before running down the driveway and towards the road. Out came my rifle as I aimed for the wheels of the van. I shot at the road, unable to pop one of the tires and slow them down. Just as I was about to reload....

A shot nearly grazed my shoulder.

I dove back down into the bushes, desperate to think of something. Anything.

Maybe she isn't in there. Maybe she just got startled in the woods?

I raced back for the treeline, in a fixated state on what had to be done. She had to be okay. She was going to be okay. I had to make things okay.

"Dec!" Alex was bolting from the house and yanking on my arm. "What's up?"

"She screamed," I didn't look at him as I ran through the trees. Every branch in my way was knocked out. Everything seemed to be a minor thing compared to my mission.

The creek had both of us terrified.

Her clothes were on the banks, as though she'd taken them off to bathe. Her boots were still there, along with a, frankly disgusting, pair of socks. Oh, gosh, what happened?

"Imogen?" I called her name with my hands cupped over my mouth. The mud had indentations of heavy boots. Men's boots. It was clear her body had been dragged off. I knew she's struggled too.

"Not a Creature," Alex gulped. "She's been kidnapped."

I swallowed back the huge golf ball in my throat and stared blankly. There was no telling where she'd gone...

"Imogen!" I screamed out in desperation, hiding the small break in the end. No way to know where she'd gone meant no getting her back. I hadn't told her I loved her.... I'd never get another chance.

"Imogen." Was the last thing I remember saying before I blacked out.

Imogen's POV

I don't know how I fell asleep. Then again I hadn't on my own accord- my head hurt like they'd knocked me out.

We were in a heavily guarded auditorium with no space on either side. The frustration was immense when I realized how defenseless I was. If this isn't the definition of totally screwed I don't know what is.

"Look what the cat dragged in," The girl next to me waved. "Hi, welcome to torture."

I probably looked like an idiot with my confused face. "Um... where are we?"

"Long or short answer?"

"A decent answer," I rubbed my temple. "Town?"

"Albany," She replied. "This is a colony in which they forcefully kidnap their members."

"That's wonderful," I replied bitterly. "So when do we break out?" It was stupid to think I could. I had no weapons and was undoubtedly a target to get shot if I decided to run.