Chapter 27

(A few months later)

Whitney found herself at a beautiful beach. White sand filled the place for miles, mountains set the gorgeous background and the endless sea was a perfect bluish green. Around her, Annie, Lily, Joe, and Krissy played on a turf as a tide softly rolled in and out. Smiling, Whitney relaxed down on the cabana as she read her book and watched them all play. Next to her, her baby boy sleeps peacefully in his little carrier. He was healthy and handsome, taking looks from both of his parents. On his tiny chubby face, it appeared that he was slightly smiling. Nothing could be more perfect she thought to herself.

Suddenly however, the waves become huge, much too big for an adult to play in. Annie, Lily, Joe and Krissy ran up to the cabana away from it. But a huge wind swept in and pushed the baby boy into the water. Whitney immediately jumped up and ran towards the water to save her baby, but all she could her was his tiny cries for help.

"No baby, no, no, no!!" Whitney screamed out. She tried to reach out and grab him, but still could not find the baby. "No son. I don't wanna lose you. Nooooooo!!!" Her screams were bloodcurdling. Kevin immediately popped his head from out of the bathroom from where he was shaving once he heard Whitney stirring in her slumber. "What's wrong babe? Are you okay? It's okay, I'm here." His wife's screams frightened him and his insides raced with fear. "Kevin you've got to help the baby. He's gonna drown if you don't get him out the water" Whitney mumbled, in a dazed state. "Whit, honey, you're dreaming. You've gotta shake yourself out of this." Kevin told her, as he touched her gently. Whitney continued to thrash about the bed , all tangled up in the sheets.

"Honey, you've got to wake up. You're dreaming again," Kevin informed her a little louder. "Huh?" Whitney finally asked. She opened her eyes and was surprised to see her husband standing over her. It was then she realized that she indeed had been dreaming. Oh Lord, what did I say out loud? She wondered to herself. "Are you okay?" Kevin asked with concern. "It sounded like you were having another pretty bad dream." He went back into the restroom to continue shaving and Whitney hopped up and went past him to relieve herself. She tried to stall as much as possible, so she did not have to address the awkward subject at hand. After washing her hands and brushing her teeth, she walked over to the huge window that overlooked a scenic view of Jersey. "It's really been nice out these past few days, huh?" "Don't try to change the subject Whit." Kevin stated. He had knew his wife long enough to know that she liked to change the subject when she didn't want to talk about something, and he would not let that happen. "You were having another wild dream about a baby."

"I did?" Whitney asked, hoping that maybe her playing dumb would ease things. Kevin rinsed his face in the sink. "You wanted me to help get a baby out of the water. Do you remember saying that?" "Not really." Whitney stated, hoping he would drop the subject.

"Uh-uh." Kevin told her as he picked her up and sat her on the counter as he stood and wrapped his arms around her waist. "What's going on babe? I know things have been kinda hard to deal with since...you know. And I'm so proud of how you were able to pull yourself together so quick and move on. But are you sure this still isn't bothering you?" It was true that Whitney gave herself a few more days to recover and went right back on set to finish up "The Preacher's Wife". She had learned to become an actress within an actress and she held her head up high and finished everything as a consummate professional. However, deep down, she still longed for the baby she lost. Plus the guilt of what she possibly did to cause the miscarriage still chewed at her conscious a bit. But as a child, mother and especially a wife, she could not let anyone in on her secret guilt. "I'm fine sweetie. There's no need to worry about me. It was just another crazy dream." Kevin intensely looked at her and messaged her temples. "Sometimes I wish I could get into that pretty little head of yours and find out what's going on. You know you can tell me anything that's bothering you right?" Whitney immediately felt guilty, but quickly shook it off. "I know that Kev. And that's why I love you." She knew that he was watching her, so she turned on the shower and dropped her robe into the floor. Grabbing him by the hand, she lead him into the steamy water. Kevin didn't say another word...about the dream anyway.