Final Decision

I roll onto my side, moaning at the alarm clock. "Ugh..." I fumble to hit snooze, but instead I fall onto the floor. "Ow!" I scream. Sitting up painfully, I make my way over to my closet. What to wear what to wear...

Finally, I decide on the black romper I wore the first day of school with Oliver. He loved that outfit. Slipping into my sandals, I make the trek downstairs. Lea is loading gooey cake slices onto a large white plate.

"Morning, cher," she greets. I wave in turn and grab a few slices of cake. I take a bite and groan. "This is the best cake I've ever had! So moist!"

Lea smiles, nodding once at me. Cassie walks in, dressed in her yoga outfit. "Morning Lea, Haley." I smile at her just as Mason walks in. I frown at him. "What happened to college?"

"Christmas break happened," he drawls, sitting next to me. I shoot him my best scornful look. "Your sarcasm isn't appreciated, Mase." He smirks at me.

Oliver rushes in, looking conflicted. "Hales, I've got a problem." Immediately, I stand up, heart pounding. "What?"

"Jake. He's laying on his bathroom floor unresponsive and-" Lea jumps into action, picking up the phone. "Load him into the car! We've got to get him to a hospital!" Cassie lets out a cry, rushing up the stairs.

My blood freezes. Jake!
•••••••

When the doctor comes out, everyone titters to their feet, desperate for news. Good, preferably. The doctor smiles warmly. "Well, everything is fine. He just had a mild case of high blood pressure."

"What? High blood pressure? Are you saying..."

"Your son has diabetes, Mrs. Karen." Cassie bearies her face into Don's jacket. Don's Adams apple bobs. I clutch my heart, tears pricking my eyes. Diabetes. It bounces around in my mind, over and over. "May we see him?" Cassie asks. The doctor nods. Don and Cassie disappear, clutching each other's hands.

I look to Oliver, who looks like he's hyperventilating. "You okay?" I ask, rubbing soothing circles on his taut back. He nods. But I don't believe him one bit.

Nick's leg bounces as he sits, muttering to himself. Lea sits praying, clutching a necklace with a cross attached between her hands.

Cassie and Don return, Cassie looking a little less pale. "Haley," she whispers. "He wants to see you." I stand, looking to Oliver. He clasps my hand, standing up too. I squeeze his hand. "Oliver, let me go."

He shakes his head, jaw set. I sigh, tugging. "Ollie..." Sighing, he let's my hand go. I give him a reassuring smile before making my way to his room.

In the bed he sits, multiple IVs stuck in his arms. He cracks a smile and lifts a hand in greeting. "Hey." I smile back. "Hi."

"Diabetes. Can you believe it?" He shakes his head, laughing. I shake mine too. "Not at all. I thought it was something worse," I admit. I truly had.

I sit on the bed, taking his warm hand. He watches me for a moment before saying,"I miss you." I stop short. "Jake-"
"No, let me finish," he says heatedly. Sighing, I don't speak again. "I miss you Haley, and seeing you with him kils me. Kills me. This-" he yanks my hand forward and places it over his pounding heart-"is how you make me feel."

He yanks on my arm, forcing me forward and onto his chest. Our faces are inches apart. "I know you feel the same Haley," he growls. I try to pull away but he has me trapped. "Don't deny it," he says.

Angry now, I huff. "Fine. You wanna know how I feel?" I yank my hands through his hair, pulling his face closer. His eyes darken. "This is how I feel."

I crash my lips to his, forcing him to kiss me back. We're both angry-that emotion flows into the kiss, fuels us. His grip on me tightens, and he sits up. He nibbles on my bottom lip, but I pull away, still angry. Climbing off the bed, I press myself against the wall. Already aware of the presence in the doorway. Jake watches Oliver storm into the room, slamming the door shut and locking it.

"The heck was that?" He demands, furiously glaring at Jake. I laugh bitterly. "It was a kiss," I say flatly. "He wanted to know how I felt. So I told him. Or well...showed him."

Jake dares to smirk. "That was wonderful." Oliver slams a fist into the wall. I don't flinch. "We're supposed to be dating, Hales. Remember!?"

I nod. "I remember. Of course I do. But I guess now we aren't?" Oliver doesn't respond. I level my gaze at him. "That is a yes." Jake continues to smirk. Oliver sneers. "Don't do this Haley."

"Its already done. I've made my decision, my choice. And it is this:

"I'm leaving the Karen household. And I'll never return again."

Mwwuuahahahahshshshshsjs. *sorry for that jacked up laugh* But sadly, this is the END. A very short end, might I add. Don't worry my pets. There will be a sequel, oh yes. It'll be after college when Jake mysteriously turns up on Haley's doorstep drunk and disoriented. Though reluctant, Haley takes him in. Old feelings resurface, and new feelings are buried. Where is Oliver? Off traveling the world with his girlfriend. And Haley? She's stuck falling for a Karen all over again.

I hope you guys read it. I might call it Me, Myself, and You. Probably.

Quote of the Chapter: "Let's Count The Stars." "***** There Are Way Too Many."