One of A Kind (Avengers Fanfic)

• Dedicated to Karen

This story, I dedicate for my best friend, Karen, whom I wrote this story for. I based the main character on herself. I hope you're reading this, Kar

Sadly I don't own any of the Avengers character. Only Gemini and Silvermist, and also Giselle and Rose

-----
(Prologue)

There are a lot of things in this world we don't understand. Actually, we can, we just need to learn.

But there are some things that no matter what we do, we can never understand it.

That's just how life is.

A universe full of secrets.

.:.:.:.

I sat in a cafe, alone, and bored.

The cafe was...surprisingly quiet today.

Usually there's lotsa people shouting and yelling...stuff. Sometimes I think that those high school girls speak alien.

Well, the talk about clothes and boys are not exactly alien. Actually it's pretty normal. It's the squealing that bothers me. That's the alien language I was talking about. Lots and lots of squealing, yeah.

But today...The atmosphere was very calm and sleepy, and I'm pretty much bored.

I sighed and began playing with my coffee with my finger, mixing it like I was making patterns in sand.

Sigh...

I wish G was here.

I get what you're thinking, who's G?

G is Giselle, my adopted sister. But I can only see her in the full moon. And it has to be at midnight.

Why you ask?

Because...

She lives in another dimension.

She lived here, but she moved there because of a boy. A boy for crying out loud!! Well, not just because of an intriguing boy. It's also because she met her current teacher and mentor there. What was her codename again...something to do with purple... Wait, that's her name, her codename is...

Wait, wait, I remember this...

It has something to do with snakes... Yeah! Queen Cobra? Python? Arghh curse my forgetfulness!

The boy's name was Tim Draper or something and he's a superhero, like her but he doesn't have superpowers. His codename is.. Aaa...

I forgot. Again.

But it has something to do with birds...I think. Maybe. What's with superheroes and animal names?

Giselle has super cool powers. She can control water and 'seduce'.

She's an inhuman. Sorta. She's like...half human, half...fish. She's a mermaid. A siren to be precise.

She fell in front of my house inside a moon meteor of some sort. I used to think she was a moon fairy sent from the moon to accompany my lonely life-insert dreamy look here-of course, my mom and I kept it a secret, but eventually she discovered that she isn't human. Like me.

The poor girl never knew who her parents were.

Oh, and she's also very beautiful, being a siren and all. With jet black hair, striking blue eyes, pale skin that shimmers in the moonlight, and plump rosy lips, she's every guy's dream girl.

Well, except for the fact that she's a goth... She can be...very feisty at times.

She's also a singer. Another advantage for being a siren.

And me?

I'm a super hero as well. I work for S.H.I.E.L.D, and the leader, Fury was like my second dad. My BOSSY second dad.

My real dad passed away when I was still a little child. My mom is still alive and healthy, she owns a small flower shop of her own in the countryside. I visit her whenever I can.

I know what you're thinking ; 'What is a SHIELD agent doing just lounging around inside a cafe instead of busting bad guys and kicking ass?'

Actually, I'm on vacation right now, Fury had insisted I take some time off. And when Director Fury sets his mind on something, you have no say in it. Like, none.

But SHIELD hadn't contacted me in three months. Three months!

...Or more. I forgot.

The first month was fun filled, but then I start to get unbelievably bored.

As for my powers, I don't have 'mystical' powers like G but I am a mystical being. Kinda.

You'll see.

In SHIELD, I was close to everyone, especially agent Hill and.. Oh yea, Barton. Speaking of which, he still owes me a new panda bear (doll). What? I like pandas! Sue me. Anyways, he used mine in our last mission as a part of his plan, and in the end...

It got destroyed. My poor baby.

I was so deeply lost in thought until I didn't realize someone sit in the opposite seat in front of me.

"Sparky."

"GAH!" I almost dropped my cup of black coffee, but luckily my fast reflexes-ehem-caught it just in time. Not a drop spilled. Phew!

I glared at the person in front of me, only to find Fury looking at me with an amused look on his face. Not a trace of guilt. Psh.

"Geez, Fury, don't scare me like that. I paid four dollars for this coffee," I said, setting my cup down.

"Well, let me make it up to you then." Then, Fury smirked. Not just any smirk, the smirk. Which means... "I got a job for you Sparky."

Yes!

And yes, Sparky is my nickname, and no! I'm not named after a dog.

My full name is Gemini Sparks, codename Azure Claw, nickname Sparky (I have no idea how Fury made that up, pfftt). Good director, BAD name picker.

"Finally!!!!" I yelled and leaped up from my seat, earning a few strange looks from the waitresses.

I laughed nervously and sat back down.

"So, when do I start?" I asked, using my 'professional' voice. It's not much different than my normal voice, just a bit...less loud.

Note to self : Work on your professional voice.

"How about now?" He asked back.

"Hell yeah!"