Loki's Arrival

• Dedicated to Karen

"SHIELD is just not the same without you Gem," Clint gave me a small smile.

"Why? No fun?" I asked, smirking.

"Well actually, it was quite peaceful and calm. The perfect atmosphere for working," he pondered aloud, rubbing his imaginary beard.

The smirk fell off my face and I gave him a blank look. Really, Clint? Since when did you actually work?

He scoffed, and chuckled at the same time, it's like.. A scoffle! Yea, or a choffle.

"But it was boring." he gave me a small grin.

"Tell me about it! I spent three months in complete isolation." I complained, pulling my hair.

"You needed a vacation Gem, you were kinda working too hard."

"Am not!"

"You almost fainted."

"That was because of the fudge I ate! Seriously they are evil! I think someone even poisoned it."

Clint slapped his thigh while laughing out loud, clearly amused. "Still same old Gemini, always so funny," he chuckled.

"I'm not joking..." I replied blandly.

"Which makes it more funny, but we can talk it over lunch, how's that?" he smirked.

"Well I-" I opened my mouth to protest but suddenly the place started shaking. Out of nowhere, the tesseract shot a blue, uh, laser stuff thingy in front of it.

Clint pushed me to where Selvig and Fury are and told me to stay there.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

I mean come on! I know I'm a girl and all, but I'm not weak. Not like those whiny cheerleaders with skimpy outfits. I'm an agent! I'm trained for this kind of stuff.

But still, it was kinda cute how he was always so protective of me.

Back to the real world.

At the end of the laser was like a portal to another dimension, like the one G used.

This is like a life show of Star Wars! Cool!

A man stepped out of a portal, holding some kind of scepter and wearing a tacky outfit.

It was like an armor but the helmet had like two golden horns on it, he looked like a viking guy.

Wait a second.. That's Loki! Thor's evil adopted brother.

Not cool.

The guy's Loco! Maniac! Psycho! Nuts!

"Gem! Stay here!" Clint shouted and took off.

I crossed my arms and pouted.

Then he started to shoot at Loki, but he was covered in some sort of force field.

I would help him, but my suit, and my super cool elemental sword is still at SHIELD's hide out.

Selvig ran over to help him.

I was about to help but Fury wouldn't let me.

"Stay, you are important to us right now. I'll get the tesseract," he instructed.

I just sighed and nodded my head in defeat.

Then I saw Loki hold his staff thingy to Clint's heart, his eyes turned an electric blue color, almost like Giselle's but hers wasn't as hypnotizing-ish.

"Clint!" I shouted, but he didn't as much turn his head.

Loki did the same to Selvig.

I ran to Clint, sorry Fury.

"Clint? Clint? You okay? Helloooo?" I said waving my hands in front of his face.

He grabbed my wrist and shoved me back.  I was flabbergasted, this.. This isn't Clint. Loki put him in some kind of hypnotic trance.

I told you the guy's Loco.

"Clint! It's me, Gemini! Snap out of it!" I yelled.

He readied his bow and took an arrow, aiming at me.

"What the heck are you doing??" I exclaimed.

"I work for Loki now," was all he said as he let go of, wait it's not just one arrow, there's three of them!

I used the air element to make the arrows miss me.

Hehe, miss me, like you know? I miss you? The arrows miss me?

Whatever, back to reality.

I looked at him and he was void, of any emotions or feelings or memories! Oh no... I should've got to him faster.

"Ooh, this one could be of use," Loki smirked and began to approach me as I took a fighting stance.

---

Nick Fury's POV

I went to get the tesseract, when I saw Gemini running over to Barton.

I thought I told her to stay put!

I swear, no method works on that kid, reverse psychology just boosts her more.

She's important because of her powers and her knowledge of gamma radiations and the tesseract.

I reached the tesseract and opened the brief case from a nearby table.

Then I saw Barton shooting some arrows at her, which she knocked away easily with her air element.

When I saw Loki walking towards her, I hurried up and grabbed the tesseract, which was burning hot! I quickly placed it in the briefcase.

End of POV

--

"Sir, Fury has the tesseract," Selvig said in a monotone.

Sheesh not only has he gone bald and looked older, now he's boring like other old people! All dull and lifeless.

God please help me. I don't wanna die from boredom, or die being Loki's servant.

They turned around to see Fury placing the tesseract in a briefcase.

Hurry up, Fury!

That thing must've been hot, his gloves were scorched pretty bad.

Lucky him, getting new gloves.

Focus Gemini! Now's not the time! I said to myself.

I yelped when Clint shot him on the side.

"Nick!"

He gave a small nod, signalling he's okay.

"I'll take that," Loki said, snatching the briefcase.

Then Fury started saying some stuff to Loki, I wasn't exactly paying attention, but Clint's voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Sir Director Fury's stalling," he said looking at the crumbling building as bits of ceiling began to drop down. "He means to bury us."

"Like the pharaohs of Egypt," Fury added.

"He's right, the place is going to blow up," Selvig said, tinkering with his computer.

And they made a hasty exit.

"Hill! Loki has the tesseract, agent Barton and Selvig is with him! Don't let them get away!" He said to his ear com.

I ran to his side and helped him up.

"We gotta get outta here, I'm too young to die," I said, helping him up.

"Good Lord," he muttered under his breath. "Follow me."

And luckily we came out in time before the dang building squish-squashed us, like a squished squash!

Hey a tongue twister!

I mentally facepalmed, I'm so crazy sometimes.