SO FUCKED UP | TOM

That was a crazy party. Been a while I didn't enjoy myself like that night.

Okay, I admit it... I was seriously fucked up all night, and I maybe don't remember the whole party. But despite that fucking headache that was blinding me, I was feeling great.

I left Mike's house at 8:00 am. The place was a serious mess. I felt a little sorry for the guy while stepping over the mass of garbage, used plastic cups and cigarette butts scattered around the whole apartment. But I felt so hungover that I couldn't find the strength to clean a little before going. He was sleeping on the couch, half naked, mouth wide open and a dick drawn with a permanent marker on his cheek, which made me chuckle. He was a wreck. No need to wake him up. I stepped outside.

Shit! Of all days, that morning had to be a freaking sunny one. I felt my brain exploding as a sun ray crossed my face. I put my hood on, just like a damn vampire weakened by the light. I put my headphones on and walked toward the subway station.

One thing I love about this city is how quiet it suddenly gets on Sunday mornings. Before 10 am, the city still is asleep. No loud firefighter siren. No crowded streets full of idiotic tourists. Just a few zombies like me who try to make their way back to the darkness.

No matter how bad my brain hurts, the only thing that can soothe the pain is my music. For nothing in the world I would like to listen to the sad complain of the souls crossing the city. I always felt like anything would look better surrounded by a beautiful sound. I know I'm a weird dude. But seriously, I don't give a single fuck about what people think about me.

Last night was Mike's 19th birthday. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember. We both grew up in Staten Island. Both lived in the same street. Both went to the same school. Mike was like a brother to me. I was an only child and so he was. Our parents both had money. We both had a happy childhood or almost... The only difference is when my life turned shitty, his kept being peaceful and happy. When I started to be a troubled kid, he kept up with his parents hopes and remained a straight As student.

Even though the nice and joyful kid I used to be suddenly changed, he never gave up on me. He had always been there for me, no matter what, no matter when. Like a brother.

When we graduated, he went to a law school. I chose business. I never really wanted to go to college. It was just the only way for me to leave that mental asylum that I used to call my home.

I could have left as soon as I turned 18. But the brat I was in my teenage years never thought about working for his own independence back then. As a result, the only solution was to have the 'fucker' pay for my false indendence. If only I could use that money under my name, somewhere... Only problem, I was 19, and I could only use that account once I would reach 21. Fuck it...

It was alright though. I got to go to college, which is a great excuse to party almost every day and to have my own place in a students residence in the south of Manhattan. Just two years left before I could finally tell him to go fuck himself.

Now don't get me wrong. I kinda liked that business school I was attending. It was pretty interesting and my grades were great. The only thing I disliked about that whole student life, was the fact that he sent me there thinking that I would take over on his shitty real estate business. Fuck no! Do I look like a fucking clown sucking dicks to sell houses? Do I look like a 'fucker' too? Did he seriously think I wanted to turn like him? Tsssk...

As I walked down the stairs to the station, I passed by that girl. She was looking around, trying hard to understand the subway map. She didn't even look like she knew where she was. That made me smile, remembering how lost I was on the first time I took the subway by myself.