Chapter 1

Mel's POV :

Currently I was on a study break in the library listening with one headphone in to Here by Aleesia Cara. This song describes me so well and I can't stop listening to it. I'm doing research on my laptop and writing information when someone slams their book on the table where in seating and scares the shit out of me. I look up to see a familiar face of one of my college classmates.

"Jesus Christ ! Do you not have any library etiquette Andrew ! " I whisper yelled to him.

"Oh please Mel " he rolls his eyes and sits down across from me.

Me and Andrew are not friends but we are partners in a psychology project. Psychology is my dream career and I'm working my behind off to get there. When me and Andrew were assigned as partners for this project I immediately got nervous. It may not seem like it but I have a crush on him. Hopefully it goes away soon. Or this project will make it worse.

His phone started to ring and I watched him answer it irritated.

"What do you want, I told you don't call me anymore and that I'm busy with a project. " and with that he hung up.

"Everything okay ?" I asked

He looked at me without saying anything and the silence felt like years. Then he finally spoke.

"Yeah thanks for asking, are you alright ?" He asked with a curious face

Why would he ask me that ? Did I look worried or something ?

"Yeah why wouldn't I be?" I asked

"I'm just asking , Mel " he chuckled

I couldn't stop sneaking glances at him while we were working. When he'd get stuck he sit up straight and sit back and run his hand through his hair multiple times but I could tell it wasn't the work that was stressing him out. It was something else. And I wanted to know what it was, and soon. Why am I even worried about him so much. He's the least bit worried about me.

Andrew's POV :

Damn. This chick was distracting. And it wasn't helping me focus on my work. It 10 pm and she's still going on working for her part in the project. She kept looking at me hoping I wouldn't notice but I did. I even look at her when she isn't looking. Her shoulder length black hair, her plump lips , the perfect smile and the perfect body. I'd seen her walking around campus before and after classes and she'd stop and sit in the campus fields and read books or talk on the phone. She's beautiful but there's Michelle. My gold digger ex-girlfriend. Who I couldn't get rid of. Simply because she's my childhood friend, we dated in middle through high school off and on. And now she wanted me back. I shook her out of my mind and looked at the clock. 10:34. I had a class in the morning.

"Mel, it's getting late we should start to pack up and the library closes at 11" I notified her.

She sat back and sighed, stretching. She looked hot doing just that.

"Um yeah I totally forgot, we can pick up another day when you're free. " she told me while packing her laptop and notebooks.

"I'll walk you. " I said walking up to her I walked right pass her and I could hear up feet running to catch up with me. I've noticed her before. I always have but I gave up on her a long time ago when she wouldn't notice me no matter how hard I tried. "How are you liking it here ?" I asked her

"It's great , I love it. It's such a new experience for me." She said smiling and I couldn't help but to say what I said.

"You look beautiful when you smile. " she looked at me but she didn't stop. So I kept walking with her.

"Thanks , but listen ....you have a girlfriend I'm not that type of girl to go after taken guys let alone single ones so I'm - "

"She's not my damn girlfriend !" I yelled and I saw her jump a little. "Sorry Mel, I didn't mean to talk to you that way " I apologized

"Its fine, I understand. Thanks for walking me I can make the rest of the way to my dorm alone" she started walking away. I stood there until she disappeared from my view. Fuck !

I started walking back , making way to the parking garage. Started my engine and drove to my apartment. When I got to my apartment I walked in to see an extreme mess. Broken glass on the floor and busted food cans everywhere in my kitchen. I immediately started searching my house looking for the person who vandalized my home.

Throughout I was stepping over things and tripping and my bedroom door was open and when I walked inside I was completely and utterly in shock. Everything thing I owned was gone. My room was bare as if I've just moved in. The only thing left was a few pairs of clothing and my comforters. But how did they get in if my door was locked and not open when I got here. I took a glance around and noticed someone had broken the glass to get into here. This is bad.

"I've been robbed."