Chapter 1

You were just a child when your whole life went up in flames.
/FLASHBACK/
you were playing in your room listening to Thirty Seconds To Mars when you heard your mother screaming at her boyfriend Craig, 'YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME! YOU CAN'T LEAVE MY DAUGHTER! OUR DAUGHTER!' 'she ain't my kid, she's yours! And anyway, I can't live with a bloody psycho and that's what you are!' Craig shouted back. Upon hearing all this, you crept to the top of the stairs and saw your mother clinging to Craig's leg like it was her only lifeline. 'Please, you can't leave me! Please!' Your mother sobbed. With a quick, sorry glance at you, Craig threw his house keys to the floor, shook your mother off his leg and walked away. Your mother, who was still sobbing on the ground, looked up at you and stormed up the stairs with a look of hatred on her face. She dragged you to your bedroom and started slapping you across your face while shouting, 'ITS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU HORRIBLE HORRIBLE GIRL! ITS YOUR FAULT HE LEFT ME! ITS ALWAYS YOUR FAULT!' With that she left the room. You were silently sobbing on the floor, your frail sixteen year old body was battered and bruised. Just then, your psychotic mother returned with a hair dryer in hand. She walked towards you with eyes burning in rage. Without speaking, she clutched the hairdryer cord and whipped the plug against your back until the flesh was torn from your spine. She left again, went to her bedroom  and slammed the door.
You decided it was time to leave. You took your mothers purse and your fur coat and walked out the front door. You walked and walked until you were about to pass out. In the end, you collapsed next to some recycling bins.
It was night time and it was pouring with rain. You, the not so strong anymore, teenager who had run away from home, was afraid. Suddenly, you heard a voice. 'Hey, what's a pretty girl such as yourself doing in the rain next to the trash?' You looked up to see a man in sunglasses, a leather jacket and a t-shirt that said 'Black Veil Brides' on it. 'Mum's a psychopath. She abuses me and it scares me, so I've run away. She won't come and look for me. She said I wasn't meant to be born. She said I was just a mistake.' The man looked at you with concern and sympathy. 'I think you should come and stay with me. What is your name?' He asked you while reaching out for your hand. '(Y/N) (L/N)' you replied, taking his hand. Smiling, he took off his sunglasses and said, 'I'm Ashley, Ashley Purdy. I play bass guitar for a rock band called Black Veil Brides.' And with that, you and Ashley walked to his car and he drove you to his home.