Don't stop

I stumbled over a uprooted branch. I got back up not caring for my bleeding knee. It would heal soon. I growled sensing the demons he sent closing in.

I didn't stop running. I could kill them all easily but the longer I was out in the open the better chance he had of catching me. I was not going back there.

I looked back one more time before flashing out of the forest id been running in. I didn't stop running once I was in the next state. I was so close to the bunker.

All of a sudden I was tackled to the ground. Veronica was on top of me. She swiftly stabbed a blade into my shoulder. I groaned softly.

"He said if I brought you back alive he wouldn't kill me." She whispered to me grinning evilly.

My nails grew long and black. I dug my claws into her chest.

"Your right he's not going to kill you Veronica. I am." I told her my eyes turning dark.

My small hands went right between her rib cage and I ripped out her heart. Veronica stared at me wide eyed. A white light burst throughout her. Her eyes turned white and she fell to the ground next to me. I groaned getting up.

'Only a few more feet and I'll be safe.'

I stumbled towards the bunker. My shoulder still stung.

"Damn you Veronica." I whispered crumbling at the door of the bunker.
Everything turned black as my eyes fluttered shut