Chapter 5: Arriving at Hogwarts

Hogwarts

After I exited the train I caught up with Malfoy, who was walking with Crabbe and Goyle up to Hogwarts.

"Firs' years this way!" said a huge man, if you could even call it that. Malfoy and I walked side by side.

"Hey Malfoy, what house do you want to get sorted into?" I asked.

"Slytherin. Anything else is just embarrassing." he responded.

"Definitely. My brother is a Gryffindor, and he's a complete waste of space." I said. Finally we were a few feet from Hogwarts. We all settled in the great hall in a line. Professor McGonagall set up a stool and an old hat.

"Alice Anderson," McGonagall called. "Ravenclaw," croaked the hat. After a while it was my turn.

"Anna Dragone," I put on the hat.

"Slytherin!" The Slytherin table cheered and whistled as I made my way there. Then when it was Malfoy's turn; he was also sorted into Slytherin house. He sneered as he walked to the Slytherin table and sat down next to me.

"I always knew I'd be a Slytherin." he grinned. I laughed. We feasted on roast chicken and potatoes and had treacle tart for dessert. It was truly amazing! Then we headed down to the dormitories. Hogwarts was beautiful. Magical paintings coated the walls and ghosts waltzed around the school. As we headed down the stairs toward the dorms the stairs started moving. I tripped and was sure I was going to fall, when a pair of hands held my back. I looked and saw Malfoy grinning up at me. I grinned back.

"Thanks," I said. He gave me a salute and followed a prefect to the boys dorms. I followed a prefect to the girls dorms, looking back to gaze at Malfoy's slick white blond hair.