Where Is Jack Now?

Jack Documented His Eating Disorder on Television. Where is He Now? After admitting his problem and seeking treatment, Jack is living to tell his tale.

On the series premiere of Pivot's Secret Lives of Americans, Jack revealed to the world the thing he was most ashamed of: he's addicted to food.

"I've got to find help," he confided in the first episode of the confessional documentary series. "This could actually kill me and I don't want to die."

But filming himself and his eating habits helped Jack admit to his eating disorder and find the clarity to tackle it head-on. "That opened some doors for me right there and that in itself was a beginning. I noticed a big difference in my eating," Jack said when we caught up with him after filming wrapped on Secret Lives of Americans.

Where is he now? The 55-year-old L.A.-based script coordinator has been undergoing treatment with a professional counselor at Monte Nido Eating Disorder Clinic in Malibu, California.

While an estimated 30 million people in the United States suffer from eating disorders, just 10 percent receive treatment, making it one of the most deadly mental illnesses, according to the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders.

"If I could tell people one thing who are out there struggling like I've ben struggling, you just have to open up ask for help," Jack said.

Catch episodes of Secret Lives of Americans on Pivot, or download the series on iTunes.