Fear in Her Eyes.

Last week I told Avery it was okay that she joined my group. I need Black and his crew to give me a favor back. Anything that had to do with the money, I was with it. Avery was in my passengers seat, counting a stack.

"I'm so glad you let me join you." She mentioned.

I nodded my head. "Anything to find Ta'Mia." I said rolling my eyes.

"District was supposed to be here by now." I said in my head as I looked at my watch.

Avery thinks we're waiting here to do a drop. She's sadly mistaken. I sat back and thought, do I want to be responsible for setting up my son's mother? What if he starts to ask about her? I snapped back. Fuck that.

A black van pulled into the abandoned parking lot of a movie theater.

"That's them right?" Avery questioned. I nodded. She went into the trunk to get the coke.

Black came out of the backseat and out stepped his crew. They were strapped heavily. Black smiled, showing off his one gold tooth. His fingers were filled with icy rings on every finger. His boys were tall and buff, I wouldn't dare fuck with them ever.

Avery turned around and looked Black in his eyes. Her eyes opened wide. One of Black's boys handed him a gun, and Black inserted several bullets.

"Nyla these guys are after me!" She called out as she shook in fear.

"I know." I shrugged.

I dapped Black up. "Nice to finally meet you" he said looking me up and down. "Mhm same to you." I replied. When I turned my head, Avery made a run for it.

Black held his boys back. "Do not shoot her, catch her and bring her to me alive so I can kill her myself."

Black, his boys, and I made our way into the theater where Avery hid.

"Avery! Come out come out wherever you are, I'm not playing hide and seek bitch." He called out.

I went into theater 3 to see if she was hiding there. I even checked under the seats, and in screening rooms. As I was making my way out, I felt a knife against my neck.

"You set me up." She said in my ear. "I wanted to help you Nyla!" She said. "Scream and I cut your ass up."

"Avery if you kill me they'll find you anyway." I stated.

"Shut up." She demanded.

I quickly grabbed the knife from her hands, being careful that I don't cut myself.

I held it to her neck. "Look! Now you're powerless." I said. She started to cry and I seen fear in her eyes.

"This isn't what I wanted for myself." She sobbed.

"I love my son. I'm just not fit to be his mother. I wanted to be." She went on and on with her sob story.

"BLACK!" I called out. He came running in the theater and he smirked.

"Give her to me." He demanded.

"It's too late now Avery." I told her.

One bullet went straight through her forehead. With her eyes still open, I could see the fear in her eyes; guilt, regret, all of it. A part of me felt bad for setting her up, but my cold hearted side didn't give one fuck.

Her body fell to the ground, and her cheeks turned red.

"Thanks for the help." Black said wiping his face from the blood splattering.

"No problem. I have a favor to ask in return." I mentioned.

"What do you propose?" He questioned.

"If I'm in trouble and I call you, you will help me. And we will work together with drug exchange." I demanded.

"And if I say no?" He asked.

I chuckled. "You'll feel the wrath of Nyla."

"Oh really?" He laughed. I nodded.

"No." He said.

I stabbed him in his shoulder and he started to cry for help. I had to kill him, or he would send people after me. I finished him off and went to go find his boys. I told them that Avery stabbed him and I then killed Avery with his gun afterwards. They believed me. They took care of Avery's body, and brought Black's body to their town so he could be laid to rest. The guilt of killing him and lying about it was going to haunt me forever, and this was just the beginning.