Chapter FIVE

"Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman, but loose enough to show you're a lady."

--Marilyn Monroe--

***

"Alyana, what are going to wear in the party?" Ruby asked as she enters my office, it's lunch time so we're free to have a small chat. She's one of my closest friend in the office.

"I still don't know." I said as I remember that the company's anniversary is happening tomorrow night.

"I still don't have anything to wear, lets shop?" She is excited about it. But I'm not, for sure I will meet that devil of a man we call CEO.

For the past several days, I made sure that our paths will not cross. I stayed at my office as long as I can. I only went out for lunch. Sometimes eat my lunch inside the office. I know I will need to talk to him. I am the advertising head of the company and I need his approval for certain things, but I can't face him. Not now.

Instead, I send my secretary to his office for some signatures and approvals. But deep down I know he will demand for my personal appearance in his office.

***

After endlessly trying and fitting several evening dresses, I finally settled to a silver floor length gown that has a long slit on its left, that will showcase my legs and it is very demure and classy in front but a little bitchy at the back. It shows a little skin of my back.

Ruby said that it made me look more tan than I am already am. Of course, Americans love tan skin and legs that are a mile long. So, drool Aiden, drool. I will make you regret your choice of leaving me.

Hey? What am I really thinking?

Once Ruby finally purchased her gown of her own choosing we went home.

The Party

I called Liam so he can escort me in the party, but he is out of town. He said he will really love to, but the timing is out. So I will go to that party alone.

I sigh. I like Liam to be there so I can have a barrier and a free driver. I also told him my motives but he just laugh at it. I think he finds it amusing. But I don't elaborate further. He doesn't know about Aiden.

I am putting the final touch of my outfit by placing a diamond stud earrings and diamond bracelet. No necklace. I will look over decorated.

I put my make up lightly, keeping it in a natural look. This is one of my skills. I can paint my face.

Pink lips, smokey eyes, silver gown and killer heels. I grab my purse. I'm ready to go.

I am ready to face you.

***

I drive myself to the hotel where the event is about to take place. I am just on time.

The place is in full swing when I arrive. I take a flute of wine from a passing waiter and look for a seat. I choose the table in the corner-- far from every one where you can barely notice. I will get bored tonight.

I took my phone out of my purse and text Ruby to inform her that I am already in the event. After I send the message, someone cleared his throat making me almost jump from my seat.

Oh God!

It's Harry, one of my office mates. He had been dropping hints to me, he's kind and thoughtful. But I can only offer friendship, not just to him, but to every man.