Chapter 39

"Not even a million fights can make me hate you."

--Unknown

***

Alyana

It's only six weeks away before our wedding, everything is being settled for the big day. Aiden had chosen the venue and hired a wedding planner.

It's been six weeks since I went home but I still can't reach Liam. I wonder what's wrong. Why and how he has a key of my old house? Why he's wearing disarray clothes when he was so vain?

I keep on checking my old house, thinking maybe he'll go back, so we can talk. But he never did again.

I heave a sigh, I should not stress myself, it's not good for pregnant women.

It's another Saturday, Aiden is at his study, reviewing some files. He said he will go out after an hour. I decided to cook-- well partly-- I made a fruit salad.

Another hour had passed, Aiden is still in his study, I decided to knock, no answer. I turn the knob, and it was open.

I peak inside, Aiden is not here. Maybe his talking a shower in our room. I step inside, he has a lot of books in here, maybe I should try to read. It's cold outside and I can't go out with that weather.

I trace my finger on the book titles, reading one by one.

"Emma, no." I murmur to myself.

"Great expectation, no, I'd read it before."

"Far from the madding Crowd. No."

Then a folder kept between books piques my attention. I open it.

Deed of Sale

Was written in bold letters in the first page. When I scan the contents, it shocks the hell out of me. Aiden lied to me. He lied to me!

Those papers are the deed of sale of Robinson's Advertising. It was dated 2010. Mr. Smith's house--This house-- was dated October 2012. Five weeks after I bought my old pink house.

He said he bought the company a year ago, and this house six months ago when I asked him. Why did he lie to me? Why? Has he got something to do with my promotions in Robinson's? Oh my God! Probably he was the reason why I was promoted!

It was not because I was capable of my job, it was because of him. All this time, I thought I made through all by myself. But what's worse is, he lied to me.

I was raging, I know, I should not. But he fooled me. I thought I did a great job in Robinson's, but seeing this makes me doubt myself. My ability. Maybe it wasn't because of me alone, he promoted me because he knows I need the money. I need the position. Oh Aiden!

***

Aiden

I want to spend time with Alyana, that's why I finish the paper works immediately. I know she's busy in the kitchen and I take the time to have a shower.

When I open the study room, to retrieve my laptop, Alyana is there. She's holding a green folder and standing like a statue.

Fuck! I fucked it once again.

I can't open my mouth. By her rigid body, I know she already found out what I've been hiding to her..

She slowly turn her eyes on me. It's deadly cold. Frosting dark brown eyes look at me like the way she did when she first laid her eyes on me in the coffee shop.