Epilogue

Aiden

I carefully put Alyza down on her crib. She fell asleep in my arms while I was feeding her the story of how my week at work had been. How I missed her everyday when I'm not home.

Setting Alyza's baby monitor and kissing her apple cheek, I turn the lights to dim.

"Sleep tight, sweet heart." I murmur and hesitantly walk away from the crib to find Alyana leaning in the doorway. Smiling softly at me. She's back in shape. All butts and boobs and narrow waist. Her long hair undone, soft curls lacing her sweet bare face. She's wearing yoga pants and light pink tees. She looks so young and if you don't knew her well, you will never thought that she carried a baby once on her belly.

I'm a lucky son of a bitch.

I sign for her to come over. She quietly complies, she walks sexily toward me, her hips swaying softly. Then, she wraps her arm on my waist. I hug her back. Looking down at the angel and observing her with fond loving parents eyes.

She's growing too fast. She's been with us for two years and I can't believe it, she's turning two next week..

She looks a lot like me. All her features; her smile, her eyes, her nose and the way she sleeps. Alyana was right, she's really going to look like me.

She also knows how to speak Filipino and that is so cute whenever she does. We brought her once in Philippines so she can see where her mom is from. Where she also belongs.

I drifted my eyes from Alyza to my wife beside me. Alyana tip toed and brush her lips against mine.

"I love you, the both of you." she murmurs. Her eyes are tired but she smiles. I swift off the worries that slowly creeping in my gut. Maybe she is just tired from office works.

"I can never love someone else." I kiss her back and smile, making sure she sees everything through my eyes.

We close the door quietly and walks to our room.

Pulling Alyana closer to me, I can't get enough of her.

"I don't know how to say this, but thank you for completing my life, Alyana." I whisper emotionally. "She's turning two.." my words fails out of me. I am beyond happy.

She pulls out me, reach for something in her pocket and hands it to me.

"And they are going to be three soon."

I look at the white rectangular plastic in my palm with two red lines. A slow smile tugs at my lips.

Yes! I did it again! Bulls eye!

Then confusion hits.

"Three?" I ask. Her mouth still a few centimeters away from me.

It's a twin." she murmurs, I feel her smile rather than see it. Oh, well, I grin widely and then all those worries I have when she's pregnant with Alyza hits anew in my heart.

"Twins? What the doctor said about it? Is your little body capable of bearing a twin?" I touch her cheeks and lean to kiss her forehead.

I remember when she gave birth to Alyza. The pain she had. All those things that she had gone through to deliver Alyza. My palms sweat, and I frown realizing that she have to get through those things again.. And it's all because of me; again..

"I'm more than capable, Aiden. It's you that I'm worried about."

"Me?" I asked brows furrowed.

"Do you really think I didn't know? That when you think I'm sleeping at night, you check on her more than twice? When she was born, you took all the night shifts even after paternal leave. At week ends you let me sleep, you said I need to rest because I took care of her all week though it was you who needed to rest. And all those times that you almost sleep with her in the crib. Aiden, it's you I'm worried about. What more will you do if these twins came out?"

I smile. There's nothing I can hide from this woman. But more than anything else, I'm doing all those things because it makes me happy. Because I love them.

"I'll do the same." I answer truthfuly.

"Yes, I know. So don't blame yourself of making me pregnant again and don't think about the things that I sacrifice for our family. You too sacrificed way too much than any father I knew.."

"How did you know I'm blaming myself?" I ask because I never ever told her about it.

"I just know. I feel it, the tension on your shoulders." she caresses my face and kiss the tip of my nose. "I love you. I love Alyza and the twin. You are the reasons why I feel so alive."

"Same here, Alyana, I feel the same.." I gave her the kiss that can burn tinder. "I want you to stop working at the office again, and we'll take care of you. How far are we?"

"Eight weeks." she grins. "We still can.. You know.." then she winks.

"Oh, I think I got a mission for tonight." lowering her to the bed while laughing as I start pulling her clothes off.

***
I woke up with the sound of a laughing angel from the nursery and then Alyana's giggle. I slowly get up from bed and walks quietly to the room. Alyaza is at her mom's lap giving her mom a nose to nose gesture.

"Mommy, whewe is daddy?" She asks.
Alyana looks up and smile at me.

"Look behind you."

Before she can look behind her I run towards them making her squeal in surprise.

I tickle her sides gently and lift her up to me. When she stops from giggling I made a serious face.

"We need to talk little lady." I say, her eyes immediately change from laughing to serious. Bright deep blue eyes look up at me, waiting for me to speak up. Alyza is a smart girl just like her mom. We talk to her in full sentences ever since.

"What is it, daddy?" She asks curious as ever.

"When daddy is gone to work and mommy is left at home, I need you to behave and be good always. She is hiding two little brothers or sisters or both in her tummy, and she can't carry you in her arms from now on."

She pouts and I know she doesn't understand what the hell I'm talking about.

"Mommy, why awe you hiding them?"
Alyana looks up at me and smiles.

"Because mommy needs to grow them. When they are ready they will come out and play with you." She kisses Alyza's head and continues to explain. "Mommy will carry you again when your little brothers are out I promise you that."

"Can I have a little bwothew and a sistew, dad?"

"Of course little lady, you can."

I don't know how I get so lucky in this life. I don't know that someone can be this happy in a lifetime. I don't know if I even deserve this. All I know is, these ladies in my arms is the source of my life. They are the reasons why I live this life. They are the reasons why I get up every morning and why every sunset is more than just a different shades of orange.

T H E E N D..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
Author's note

To all my readers,

I am so sorry for the long update. I was out of wattpad world for so long that I even forget to write and update my stories. I was studying. In fact, this April 18, 2017, I finally will walk to the stage to get my diploma. So yeah! Congratulations to me.

To remind my readers, this story is unedited and unrevised. So please bear with my errors. Thank you for reading and thank you for all the support that I gain from the past year. I can't even put my feelings into words. But I thank everyone who supported this book. I love you all, and God bless us all.

Michelle Ileto
Red Lilac Author