Chapter 15- Tell me it didn't happen

Dress and Ring picture to the side/above

Zaid's P.O.V
Me and my mom were sitting on the couch. She was me showing pictures of girls that were also wanting to get married.
I tried to explain her I just didn't want to get married but dad's condition is getting worse by the day. He may have little time left with us.

"Mom, I just don't want to get married! Why don't you understand!?" I tell her once more, hoping this time she will understand.

"I understand but your dad is getting worse and his wish is to see you get married." She says.

I just leave and go to my room. I am done with this. Why did Allah take her away? She is perfect. Even though she doesn't think that, she is. I have to trust Allah. Maybe he has a better girl for me.

She is getting engaged in 2 weeks. I wish I could tell her that Amir won't love her as much I do but I can't. I will never get her. I mean she already loves Amir.

Azmina's P.O.V
Nadia's dad is getting better, alhumdiallah! She is able to shop with us today.

I am so excited! My engagement is in 2 weeks! I can just imagine us getting married already. Today me, Nadia, My mom, Amir, and Maryam are shopping for the rings and my dress. Sarah is sick so she couldn't make it.

We walk into the dress shop. I go to try on the dresses for the engagement . They were are all modest because it was mixed function. I try on a gold dress, since our theme is black and gold. It was so tight I could not breath.

I try on a black dress with gold sleeves and detailing. I try it on. I didn't know how I felt about it so I went outside of dressing room to see what the think.

Once I stepped outside, they all gasped. Amir's jaw was wide open and his eyes were bulging out of his head.

"Is it really that bad?" I ask, thinking that why they are reacting the way they are. "It's the exact opposite.It looks so good it unbelievable." Amir's mom says.

"So Amir what do you think?" My mom asks him. "I...uh..I can't.. uh.. Belie....believe I need to leave." He says, before getting up and leaving the store. He blushing so much that he looked like a tomato.

Nadia gave me a wink and mouthed "He likes what he sees." right when she said that I think I turn into a tomato.

We bought the dress and left to go find Amir. He was in the ring shop. He was looking at the rings with huge gems and diamonds.

"Oh you're here. Try this ring on." he says while pointing at a ring with a big diamond at the middle, making it look like a rose It also had diamonds all over the sides. I tryed it on.

It looked absolute stunning. "Do you like it?" Amir asks. "It's stunning" I whisper. He chuckles and says "Anything for you." and leaves to go pay for the ring.

When we bought them the sale woman said a 4 digit number that almost made me faint. Amir handed her the money. "Amir you can't buy that! It's so expensive." I whisper to him.

"It's ok nothing is too good enough for you. End of discussion." he says. I have learned you can't convince Amir about anything. If he made up his mind them he would stick with it.

"Dang, he must love you a lot to buy you a ring like that. I would never buy a ring like that for you. I'd just get one from the dollar store" Nadia tells me. I start laughing. Nadia is so cheap.

"What are you laughing at beautiful?" Amir asked me. I stopped laughing and turned tomato red. I murmured "nothing" back.

My heart went from 0 to 100 real quick. I could feel my heart beat. I hid my face in my hands because this was so embarrassing. Amir laughed "it's ok. At least I know I have an effect on you." then he winked.

I not even kidding I was so close to dying. Our moms were close by observing us. They ran up to us and said "You two are so cute together! I wish you just make halal right now!" My mom says.

Amir mom just nod in agreement. She is so excited it looks like she is a 4 year old getting a cookie from the cookie jar.

We leave the mall and drop off Nadia at her house.

(Warning slight Vulgar language)
Nadia's P.O.V
I get inside the house to hear Zaid yelling at mom. "Mom are serious! I am never getting married!" he says with his voice filled with anger.

He walks into the living room where I am. "Get out of the f****** way Nadia!" he pushes me and I fall but he doesn't look back. He just leaves the house.

What happened with him? Then I realize that he changed. "There must be something crazy going on that's why" I try to reassure myself. I'll ask him about it when he comes back.

I ask my mom about it "He doesn't want to get married but he your father wants him to." I understand and start to wait for him.

It's 12 am when he comes back. My parents are in bed because I said I would take care of it. "Hey Nadia whats up" He then falls on my shoulder. He slurs what he says. His clothes smell like alcohol. It's clear that tell he's drunk. Tears start to fall out of my eyes.

I can't believe it. He just left Islam without a care. Like it wouldn't effect him. Ya Allah, guide him to the right path. I just hope he comes back.

I lead him to his room and put him in bed. When I was about to leave, he says something that scares me.

"Did you know that Azmina is an amazing kisser and has a great body? I didn't either. She would be a good wife. She just needs to learn how to embrace love instead of crying about it."

My eyes widen and I put my hand over my mouth.No. No. This can't be real. He couldn't have done that. Is..... Is he really a monster?