Chapter 28 - Coma

Amir's P.O.V
It's been more than a hour since she called. She couldn't take that long to pick up Sonia. What happened?

I decided to call her phone. When she picked up I felt so happy. She finally talks to me after all these years. "Hello" said a manly voice. Who's this? "Hello, is Azmina there?" I asked.

"How do you know Azmina?" he asked. What kind of question is this?
"My name is Amir Ahmed and I am a very close friend of the family. Also I am her cousin."

I lied but it kind of was true. I am Zaid's cousin. I want to see her and that's the only thing on my mind.

"Sorry Mr. Ahmed. I didn't know it was you." he said.

"Azmina got in a car crash. She has gone into coma and is currently at the hospital.Come to the hospital for a full report on her health."

I quickly get in my car and speed to the hospital. I get there and go to the front desk. The doctor was currently check Azmina. All they knew was she was in coma, they knew nothing else.

I sit down. I look around. None of Zaid's family is here. I wonder if they called them.

The doctor comes. "You're the only here for Azmina?" he asks. "Seems like it." I reply. Zaid runs into the room and Noorah is right behind him.
He sees me and gives me a death glare. I just smile at him. I know how much that annoys him.

"Her condition is pretty bad. She fractured her skull. We need permission to be able to peform surgery." the doctor turns to Zaid.

He nods and says "Yes please. Preform surgery." He looks scared. How can a cheater be scared? He literally caused all of this. If he didn't say those things then maybe she would be conscious.

"After I will give you the paperwork. She did lose a lot of blood. She's lucky she didn't end up dead. She also broke her left ankle and fractured her right arm.We currently don't know how long she will be in coma. It be in a week or in years. We don't know yet. When she does wake up she may have amnesia. She also may have some memories mixed with others. The blow to her head was very strong. It effected her whole brain."

I get up to outside and Zaid's starts to fill out the paperwork. Noorah follows me out. "Why did you do that with Zaid if you knew how Azmina would feel?" I ask her.

"I don't like her. She just married Zaid cause he was hot,famous,and rich. She was going to do the same with you. Thank god you two broke up you would have ugly children."

"She is a doctor. Azmina can make her money. She does. She married Zaid because he fell in love with her and she fell for his stupid tricks. He didn't even really love her."

Noorah smirks "looks like someones jealous."

"Does Zaid even love Azmina?" I ask. She opens her mouth then closes it and gets up. She walks over to one of the doctors. He wraps his hands around her waist and she wraps her arms around his neck. They are cenimeters away from each other.

I almost throw up. That is absolutely disgusting. Do they any Islam in them? The doctor and Zaid come back. "We will call you when Azmina is done with the surgery and is able to have visitors." with that he leaves.

Zaid turns to me and looks as if he will say something bug then sees something behind me like Noorah. "Noorah?" he sound as if he was about to cry, like his heart broke into 200 pieces. Guess I know who he really loves.

He walks up to them and starts to talk. She looks like she said some pretty hurtful words and then goes back to the doctor she was with.

Zaid walks away, his head lowered in defeat. Dragging his feet, like he didn't understand any of this. I thought I should be a good akhi (muslim brother).

I run up to him. "Go away" he mumbles. "I know something's bothering you. I know were haven't talked in years but that doesn't mean I don't care about you. You are still like my brother. Whether you like it or not."

He just huffed at my statment. "You should go back to allah. He forgives everything you have done. Allah loves you. He gives you tests sometimes to test your faith. If you don't pass you don't fall and cry. You get right back up. The last time you prayed namaz was 1 or 2 years ago. Right?"

"Yah. How did you know?" He asked. "You used to come with me to the masjid. Even when we stopped being friends you still went to that masjid. Last time I saw you there was Eid namaz 1 or 2 years ago. Noorah wouldn't have been with you in Jaanah. She wasn't your halal. Your halal is Azmina, why don't you love her?"

He starts to shed tears, they become more and more before I knew it he was crying.

"I do love her"