Prologue - Door #69

Prologue – Door #69

Chapter Music – The Flower Duet by Delibes from the opera Lakmé

One foot in front of the other, easy enough’ my thoughts as I strode down the hallway. Numbered doors were my guide as I traversed the path of my would-be apartment. ‘Heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe’ went one foot in front of the other before I grinded to a halt in front of a thick hardwood door. ‘Oh, Sean you cheeky little bastard’ was my quiet expletive as my hands traced the serpentine outline of our apartment number. Sean always knew how to get to me. And this was probably his best one yet. The number looked promising. ‘Sean, you silly, silly dog. Don’t you toy with me, Mr. Hunter, uh-ah’ I sniggered as I gazed at our door’s assigned number.

This was a huge step in our relationship. We were finally living together under one roof. I contemplated and deliberated this decision long and hard before coming here. But however indecisive my mind was, my heart knew that my decision was absolute. Brimming with expectation and giddy excitement, I fumbled with my duffle bag in search of the apartment keys.

I want you to live with me, I want you to live, I want you…’ his manly voice cooed in my head like a rapturous melody as I connected the key. Sean’s a husky gruff of a man who operated me smoothly. His signature hoarseness always got to me every time. He had accessed places around my body and activated feelings I didn’t even know I had. I knew I wanted him, needed him, and ached for him the minute I saw him that morning at Bertha’s. Oh God. I could still remember the first time we touched. And if the present rise in my body temperature was any indication, well, let’s just say I was feeling quite the horndog as I thought of my man. Both my heads felt it so.

I entered and felt myself harden like steel the more I thought about Sean. He was an image of a man I couldn’t rid my mind off of – his body was like IMAX 3D: yummy treasure trail that disappeared behind pants that hung low on hips, a bare chest with a fine dusting of hair, strong junctions around the pelvic muscles, his musky thickness that never failed to impress, and that look of wanton desire and ecstasy on his face whenever he’d near … I’m not even going to say it.

My restless hands tugged at the strap of the messenger bag tightly coiled around my body. I looked past the foyer and drooled at the sight of a utilitarian abode. It had set pieces I could only describe as timeless. I noticed that the design of the key in my hand matched the set pieces. Its craftsmanship was admirable. It reminded me of mid 18th century Victorian Era with its shape like a brass clover leaf. It was heavy enough to hold, yet easy enough to lose if I wasn’t careful.

I echoed a resounding ‘hello?’ but no soul echoed back. Mildly disappointed, I let down my other bag on the granite chair below the maple coat rack. ‘What a robust stonework piece this is’ I mused as I appreciated its design. ‘Heel, toe, heel, toe, heel, toe…’ I unlatched my messenger bag, and then made my way towards the makeshift office near the walk-in closet. ‘What the ... this place is huge’ I pondered as I took out a handful of paperwork to place on the in-out tray.

Eager like a child in Disneyland, I went about to see how everything looked like. I rested more of the bags I carried on the swivel chair then made my way past the kitchen and into the entertainment hub. I slumped on the top-grain leather couch which engulfed me like a huge bear hug. I thrashed around the settee as it gave a feeling of comfort and opulence. I caught a whiff of his shower gel, a masculine scent. My nose was in ecstasy. I found myself mopping my nostrils unattractively over the crease of the leather pads. In no time I was aroused. Damm you, Sean.