Five: I DON'T WANT TO BE PURPLE ANYMORE!

Fifth chapter for fifty votes, like I promised. Here it is!!!

60 votes for chapter six mwahahhaha I dare you to try and get that many!!

ENJOY!

AJ's Mind

“Hey, what's-” I asked as I stepped through the front door. My voice faded as I saw Roger and Samson kissing. Tom grabbed my wrist but I broke free, storming towards them. I stopped when Samson shoved Roger away and wiped his mouth. Roger fell backwards onto his butt. Samson's chest heaved with rage for a second, before he dived forward onto Roger and started laying into him.

“Whoa,” Jason said, before jumping forward and trying to rip Samson off the footballer, who couldn't defend himself in his own shocked state. Then Roger got up and tried to hit Samson back. Tom and I grabbed his arms to hold him down.

“You f*cker!” Samson shouted at Roger.

“I'm not the one going on a date and then kissing someone else,” Roger roared.

“What the f*ck? It was a game, you kissed people too!” Samson screamed back. “I didn't even want to go on a date with you. I did it out of pity. Just f*ck off, hey!”

Samson broke free of Jason and leapt forward right at the same moment Roger yanked an arm free of me, pulling me forward. WHACK!

I fell to my knees clutching my right eye.

“Hold him,” I told Tom. Everyone froze as I rose back to my feet. Samson looked shocked with himself. His angry glare looked over my face for a second, then he calmed. He reached a hand out to me, but I shoved it away.

“Let's just go,” I told him. “Thanks,” I added to Jason, then grabbed Samson's arm and pulled him towards the street. He didn't need leading, he stalked so hard away from the scene that he was practically dragging me. We walked like that for a few blocks before stopping at a bus bench and sitting down. Samson dropped his head into his hands and took deep breaths. I sat beside him in silence and looked up at the night sky and the stars. Grey shapes floated gently across the sky; night clouds.

“I'm sorry,” he breathed. I patted his shoulder.

“It's all good,” I sighed.

Samson burst out laughing, and I laughed too.

“I kissed you, man, that's so... awkward,” he chuckled, wiping the corner of his mouth.

“Ha ha, yeah, awkward,” I said awkwardly, keeping my eyes on the sky.

“I mean, you're straight. Wasn't it disgusting? You should have refused,” Samson looked at me as he spoke. I didn't meet his eyes.

“To be honest, you're not a bad kisser,” I said. My best friend didn't speak, he just looked at me. An awkwardness filled the air for a while, before he slapped my leg.

“Let's go, it's cold,” he said and stood. I stood too, standing beside him as we turned to walk. His house was closest, so we'd head there.

~

Samson's Mind

Things still felt really awkward between me and AJ, and I knew why. I kissed him, it was a dare, but still. And then I’d punched him. It was an accident, but he'd posted a picture of his black eye Saturday evening and I felt really bad. So I was on my way to his house this Sunday morning to make things up to him and clear the air.

AJ's house loomed ahead, looking rather daunting now as I approached. I reached the front door slowly and knocked. There were voices from within, and then it was pulled open. AJ's older brother stood there half naked. AJ's older brother is an attractive man.