Chapter Three

The next day you woke up and packed all of your stuff and started walking again. Walking through the forest was very peaceful but at times it could be very lonely. You would admit, you didn't really have any friends back in Dragonia (I know that sounds cheesy but It just came into my head first XD). Your only real friend was Igneel and he was more of a role model kind of figure. Maybe it had to do with you being the only dragon of your kind. Your powers were unique and so you didn't have others that you could relate to. And since you didn't know who your parents were or if they were even still alive you had tended to think that they abandoned you because you were different. You somehow managed to survive on your own all these years. Of course you always had Igneel there if you needed him but part of your own stubbornness kept you from relying on him too much. So instead of having him be your guardian he was your teacher.
It was late afternoon as you kept walking through the forest just hoping to find the next town. You knew that you weren't remotely near one because you would have smelled it by now. You may have been stripped of your ability to transform but you still had an amazing sense of smell. In the Clover town you accidentally walked past a perfume stand and nearly passed out from the overwhelming smells. You also had good hearing to. It wasn't as good as your sense of smell but it was way better than any human's.

"Ugh! I guess I'll stop here for today and maybe do some training. Now that I think about it I haven't even tried out my powers since I left. I wonder how much I still have?"

You set up a little camp and headed towards a stream that you could hear nearby. You squatted down looking at the stream and searching for some fish that you could eat for dinner. I'm so done with fish. When I get to the next town I don't care how but I am going to get real food. You finally spotted a slow moving fish and prepared to quickly grab it. Just as you were about to grab it you heard a scream.
"AAAAAAAAAH!!!! SOMEONE HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!" the person yelled.

You jumped up at the voice and followed it hoping to save whoever it was. Now who would be way out here in the forest besides you? You had no idea but you were always a kind hearted person, so if someone needed help you wouldn't hesitate to help.

"Please don't eat me!!!" the voice yelled as you came close enough to see the person in distress..... wait, not a person... but a cat??? The cat was backed up against a tree by what you assumed to be a Vulcan. The monster was huge compared to the small cat, and maybe a good three feet taller than you.

"But you look so tasty. It would be a shame to let such a delicious meal go to waste." The Vulcan said as it walked towards the defenseless cat. It licked its lips and reached out his hands to grab the cat, causing the cat to close its eyes in fear. You couldn't watch this poor cat get eaten so you sprang into action. You jumped out from behind the bush you were watching from and landed a huge punch to the Vulcan's face.

"Uuuuugh!!" The beast cried in pain. "who-!?" you cut him off before he spoke anymore.

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size monkey face!" you yelled while still holding up your fist.

"Wha'd you say!?" the Vulcan yelled as it got back up. The cat had opened its eyes at the commotion and was now standing in awe.

"I said, why don't you stop picking on this cat and pick on someone your own size?" you said again

"Why you! I'll just eat you instead!" It said as it stared to charge you. When it got close you jumped into the air causing it to run past you.

"How are you going to eat me if you can't eve catch me?" you smiled in a taunting manner.

"Grrrrr! I'll teach you not to mess with me girl!" it turned around to face you and stomped a few times in anger and jumped towards you. You dodged its landing and the punches that it threw at you easily and swiftly all while smiling. You were smiling because it had been a while since you had a good fight. Sure you might be kind hearted but you were a heck of a warrior to. You loved the thrill of being in a fight.

"You're gonna have to be quicker if you want to catch me!" you said with a smirk. The Vulcan quickly grabbed at you but you quickly slid underneath its legs and turned around to face his back. Before it could fully turn back towards you, you raised your hand and a (f/c) crystal shot out of the ground and rammed into the Vulcan.

"W-what!? What kind of power is that?!" the Vulcan cried in fear.

"It's Crystal magic, very dangerous stuff. But instead of just telling you let me show you! Crystal Dragon's Roar!!!" you drew in some air into your mouth and quickly blew a stream of tiny, (f/c) crystal shards at the Vulcan. When you quit the Vulcan was engulfed in crystal and was unable to move. It was covered from head to toe and could only produce muffled cries and blink it's eyes. You then stood up straight and rubbed your hands together to rub off the dirt and turned back to the cat who was still in awe.

"Hey are you okay buddy?" you walked back to where it was standing and kneeled down to face it. The cat had a brown fur coat, green eyes, a green tuff of fur on its head, and a green bandana hanging around its neck.

"....." it didn't say anything but continued to stare at you. Just as you were about to touch it, to see if it was still alive. It jumped up and put up its hands. "That... Was.... AWESOME!!!" It jumped up and down then went to hug you. "Thank you so much for saving me! The name's Slade! It's nice to meet you!" it jumped off you and stuck out its paw. You recovered from your shock caused by his sudden outburst and smiled. You took his paw in your hand and shook it.

"No problem. And my name's (y/n) (l/n)! It's nice to meet you to! Slade, what are you doing way out here in the forest anyway?"

"Ah, well you see, I am an adventurer! I Travel all around the country in search for the best tasting fish!" he said as he struck a triumphant pose before you.

"hahahaha!!! Well you better be more careful Mr. Adventurer, if I weren't around to help you, you would have been eaten by that Vulcan." You laughed at the cat's hyper-ness.

"Ah I would have been able to take on that pansy. I was just testing it... Yeah!" he exclaimed then in a flash white wings appeared on is back and he flew around punching at air pretending that he could have beat up the monster causing you to giggle.

"Well I'm sure you could have. You know I was just about to catch some fish when I heard you. Would you like to join me for some dinner?" you asked and the cat gasped and landed again. He looked at you with a big grin and nodded. You giggled one last time and lead him back to the stream.

After catching some fish and putting them on the fire you two sat near the fire and relaxed.

"So (y/n)? Why are you in the forest?" he looked at you. Shoot. You couldn't tell him that you were a dragon that was out to see the humans.

"Um, well I'm actually just traveling from place to place seeing the sites and such. You see I'm from a really small village up in the mountains, and I don't get to see a lot of things so I'm getting to see the world outside of my village." *BOOM! I'm good at this!*

"Hmmm, maybe we should travel together (y/n)! That way we can both adventure and you know I could save you if you ever got into any trouble...." he smirked and nodded at his last comment.

You giggled, "Alright Slade! You know I was getting pretty lonely traveling from place to place" You smiled, " and I could really use someone strong such as you to keep me safe." You said sarcastically but he just smirked again. You two then grabbed the now cooked fish off of the fire and began to eat them.

You both finished your fish dinner and you patted your stomach and stretched.

"Man, I'm stuffed!" you said as you laid down on your back getting ready to sleep. Just as you closed your eyes you felt something come up and curl next to you. You opened your eyes to see Slade lying next to you and already asleep. You smiled at how cute he was and closed your eyes again, "Goodnight Slade." You whispered softly before drifting to sleep.