Chapter Five

After Natsu had dragged you through town you finally ended up in front of a large building. It was painted with very bright colors and was intricately designed. There was an archway that lead up to the front door that had 'Fairy Tail' written on it. So this must be it. Fairy Tail... you thought getting nervous. Wait, what am I nervous about?

"Here it is! Welcome to Fairy Tail!" Natsu said with a goofy smile. "Now let's go in so you guys can eat!"

"Yosh!" Slade said as he flew behind Natsu who ran to the door.

You snapped out of your thoughts and smiled. You ran after them and Natsu opened the doors.

Once your eyes adjusted to the sudden change of light you looked around to see people running around and having conversations and laughing. The atmosphere was like nothing you'd ever seen before. It was so lively and fun!

"Natsuuuuuuu~! Where'd you gooooo!" You saw a blue cat just like Slade fly up to Natsu and run into him. "When you randomly ran out of the guild with a serious look everyone was worried!"

"Ah! Gomen Happy! I just thought that I smelled Igneel all of the sudden." Natsu said. Hmmm Happy, that's a cute name! I wonder why he's named that. You thought.

"Who are these two!? New friends!?" After Happy exclaimed that everyone in the guild seemed to look at you. This made you pretty nervous and you tried to subtly hide behind Natsu to avoid the stares. Your attempt to do so was in vain as Natsu pulled you out in front of everyone.

"Yeah! This is (y/n)! I met her today and she is going to join our guild!" Natsu exclaimed. Wait! When did I say I would join!? This guy...

"Wai-" before you could interject on his claim someone came up next to you and hugged you really tight against a hard metal plate. There hug was so powerful that you thought that you would suffocate.

"It's good to have you (y/n)!" You looked up to see a woman with scarlet hair as the owner of the voice and the one that was hugging you.

"Erza, you're going to suffocate her..." You looked over to see a guy walk up who had dark blue hair that almost looked black and he was.... Naked??? You blushed deeply and averted your eyes at the embarrassing sight.

"Go get some clothes on you Ice-brain!" Natsu yelled as the woman known as Erza let you go and stuck out her hand.

"Sorry about that, my names Erza, that guy over there is Gray, and that over there is Wendy with the blue hair." She said and you took her hand and shook it. You looked back at Natsu and Gray and saw that they had started fighting. This place is kinda crazy... You also looked over and saw that Slade was in some sort of serious conversation about fish with Happy.

"(y/n)? Is that you?" You perked up at your name and saw none other than Lucy. She walked over and stopped in front of you.

"Lucy!? Are you a wizard here to!?" you asked with a smile.

"Yeah! I'm a celestial key mage! I joined Fairy Tail about a year ago when I met Natsu."

"That's great!" That must be why I smelled Igneel back in Clover town. I bet Natsu was there with her.

"Yeah! I'm glad that you decided to join us! Wait, what kind of magic do you use?"

"Well you see I-" you were cut off.

"Instead of asking her why doesn't she show us! Fight me (y/n)!" Natsu yelled as he charged at you, fist raised. First off he needs to STOP cutting me off. It's really troublesome. And second, he doesn't know how I fight but I know that if he's Igneel's human he must use fire magic and use similar attacks as him.

"Natsu!!!" Lucy yelled as she got out of the way.

You braced yourself for the attack and blocked it. It was enough force to push you back but you were unharmed because before the contact, you formed a small layer of your crystal on your arms. Your crystals were pretty tough, they were hard enough to withstand most elements like water, fire, and wind. But there were some cases like Igneel's flames where they were strong enough to break your crystals.

Natsu retreated back a ways and rubbed his hand.

"Man! You have some tough skin! That actually kinda hurt my hand!" he said. I guess my layer of crystal was small enough not to notice. That just makes my element of surprise even better!

Now you were pumped up! This would be your chance to really test your powers against a strong opponent since you've been in the human world. You didn't spare another moment as you charged Natsu and somewhat caught him off guard. You had really been hiding your true personality ever since you met him just because you were nervous but now... Now all of the nerves were gone. When someone challenged you, you didn't back down. That was your stubbornness coming out.

You smiled as you were charging him and since you had caught him off guard you landed a good hit on him and he went flying back into the bar at the back of the guild. Everyone gasped at your strength but continued to intently watch your fight. Natsu quickly got back up and ignited his hands with flames.

"Now I'm all fired up!!" Natsu yelled.

You noticed that now everyone was standing around you, and some were even taking bets on who would win. For some reason most of the people were routing for you which you found strange since he was their friend and guild member.

"Fire dragon's...." Natsu inhaled a bunch of air. Here it comes... You readied yourself. "ROAR!!!!!" He yelled as a stream of blazing hot fire poured from his mouth and flew towards you.

You then raised your hands and the earth started to tremble, causing people to freak out. One of your crystals shot out of the ground and blocked the stream of fire. Unfortunately though your crystal didn't just block the attack but it redirected it to the sides causing some people to get burnt.

"Oops...Sorry." You said as you laughed nervously. Your apology was soon forgotten as Natsu came out of nowhere and landed a punch on you. You flew back and landed on a couple of tables, breaking them.

"That looks like a pretty cool power you got there, but you still won't beat me." Natsu said rather proudly.

You got up with a smile and readied yourself again. I guess now is the time to go on the offensive. You quickly threw a series of punches at Natsu. Some barely landed and some missed causing you to break some things. Finally you surprised him by jumping above him and drew in a huge breath.

"Crystal dragon's ROAR!!!" you blew out your stream of small crystals and landed safely on the other side of Natsu.

When everything cleared everyone started laughing. You had caught Natsu as he was turning so he was in a funny position. Your crystals had formed around him up till his head, sticking him in the position.

"Gaaaaah!! What is this! I can't.. Break.. Out!!" he said as he struggled to free himself. You were about to be nice and set him free but then everyone gathered around you to congratulate you.

"(y/n)!! That was amazing!" Lucy said.

"Yeah you really put that flame brain in his place!" Gray said.

"And you're a dragon slayer to! That's amazing!" Erza said.

There were lots of other compliments like "That was great!" and "I'm glad she's going to be on our side!" and one person said something like "I wonder who would win in a fight between her and Erza?"

You weren't used to a lot of attention so you got a little nervous standing in the middle of everyone, but your nerves went away briefly when you heard Natsu shout from behind everyone. For some reason knowing that he was there helped you stay calm but you had no idea why.

"Hey (y/n)!! Get me outta here!! I get it! You won! Now let me go!" he pleaded.

You laughed and made your way through the crowed and stopped in front of where he was stuck. You were about to finally let him out when someone busted into the room.

"Natsuuuuuu!!!!!" the loud voice shouted, you don't know who it was but the voice sounded scary, really scary. On instinct you took a defensive stance and looked for the voice. You could say that you were really surprised when the owner of the voice was actually and old man that stood up to about your knees.

You lowered your stance and just looked as the old man stopped in front of Natsu and started yelling.

"What have I told you about getting into fights and wrecking the place!!" he was about to go on but then a really pretty girl walked up to him, you thought you heard someone say her name was Mirajane. She whispered in his ear and as soon as she was done whispering he looked at you, witch made you REALLY nervous. He then walked over to you and... smiled?

"Hello!! Welcome to our guild! I am the master here, and my name is Macarov. I hear that you are wanting to join us?" he asked.

You were still nervous and couldn't seem to get any words out. It's true after seeing how friendly and happy everyone was you wanted to be a part of that. Also you would be able to make money to take care of yourself and Slade. You wanted to be in this guild so much, but with everyone staring at you and awaiting your answer you were speechless with nerves. Thankfully your companion showed up and saved the day.

"Yes! (y/n) and I would like to join this guild very much sir!" Slade answered Macarov and walked up to him. Thankfully you had told Slade about your "Inexperience with people" and he caught on to your state. You mouthed a thank you to him and smiled.

"Well then! Let's get you a guild mark! And don't worry I can already tell that you're a great wizard. It's not every day that we get someone who can immobilize Natsu." He said looking at the state Natsu was in. "Mira, please get these two a guild mark!"

"Yes sir!" she brought out a stamp with a symbol that you had seen on the building and also on Natsu's arm. She came up to you first. "Where would you like it?"

"uhhh. How about (place)." (I'm gonna let you decide where it is X3 )

She put the stamp there and pressed down leaving a (f/c) guild mark on your skin. She then went to Slade and put it on his paw. (let's pretend that's where he wanted it. Lol ) Just then both you and Slade's stomachs growled at the same time, and you both blushed in embarrassment.

"haha, well it seems like our new friends are hungry! Mira! Would you be so kind as to get them some food? It will be on the house so don't worry about the cost." Macarov said. At this time your magic on Natsu had worn off and he burst out of his position.

"But master! I was going to treat them!" Natsu pleaded.

"Instead of worrying about paying for them maybe you consider whether or not you actually have money." The master remarked. "Now Mira go get them some food please."

"I will master! Oh but the bar is broken so you'll have to sit at one of the non-broken tables." She said with a sweet smile.

"Ah yeah, I'm sorry about that." You said as you rubbed the back of your neck.

"Oh no! It's fine! We are used to this! The place gets wrecked at least once a week. It's part of what makes this our home. A place that we can all come together and be a family." She said leading you towards the bar so she could get you both food.

Home. Family. You smiled at the thoughts.