Chapter Four

You and Slade continued your journey for the next few days in search of the next town, and bonded over the time, learning more about each other (you didn't tell him about the whole dragon thing but made up stuff about your "small town"). You finally reached the edge of the forest and spotted a town around noon.

"Yesssssss! Finally!! Civilization!!" Slade exclaimed as he started to fly down towards the city. You ran after him and smiled at the thought of seeing another town and possibly making more friends. Little did you know that today another friendship would be formed that would last a lifetime.

The two of you entered the town and began to look around. It was a good sized town and everyone you saw seemed to be happy and at peace. You weren't sure how but it seemed that the town itself was happy. As you continued down the streets, Slade hovering up and to your side you happened to come across several food stands that made your stomach growl.

"(yyyyyyyyyyyyy/n) I'm staaaaaaarving!" the cat dropped down and landed on your shoulder, obviously exhausted.

"Yeah, I know Slade. Me too, but you know neither of us have money." You reminded him.

"Yeah...." He whimpered and continued to ride on your shoulder.

You didn't think that it would be that long that you traveled away from a river but fatigue was coming up on you both from not eating and you had to find a way to get a meal and quick. You both brainstormed on how you could get money but you both came up with nothing.

Suddenly you realized a familiar smell around you. Wait that can't be... I smell Igneel again! You thought. But that's impossible! I have to find out what it's coming from! You turned your head towards Slade and then picked him up off of your shoulder and set him on the ground.

"Gomen Slade, I have to go check something out real quick! Meet me back at this central square in a while!" you said as you ran off to find the mysterious smell.

"Wait (y/n)!! You're ditching me!? Fine! I'll find food myself!" he yelled in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

You didn't even bother to say anymore as you sniffed the air and ran. You ran and ran all over town but you still couldn't find the source of the smell. You were about to give up and go back to Slade but then you caught a big whiff of the smell around the other side of a building. You sprinted down the street and turned the corner that was leading to the smell at a great speed when...BAM!!!

???'s POV

I ran and turned around the corner then.. BAM!! I ran straight into someone. After that split second I ended up on top of the person. I lifted myself up to my hands and knees so I was now straddling the person. That's when I noticed that it was girl that I had run into, and not only did I run into her but know I was awkwardly straddling her. She had really soft looking (h/c) hair and pretty (e/c) eyes. I couldn't help but blush a little while looking at how pretty she was, hopefully she wouldn't notice.

"ah.. sorr-" I cut myself off when I realized that this girl was the one that I was searching for! She smelled like Igneel! Just in case I was mistaken I leaned in and smelled her.

My P.O.V.!!! (Cause I am the ruler of your life!! >:D JK... but seriously. )

After the fall you slowly opened your eyes to see who you ran into. Not only had you run into a guy, but he was straddling you! You stared into his Onyx eyes for a second hoping that he wouldn't see the blush creeping up on your face until he started to speak.

"ah.. sorr-" he cut himself off. What happened next you never would have guesse. He leaned in and... sniffed you??? Now you were blushing even more and on instinct, without even hesitating, SMACK! You slapped him across his face, he was thrown off and you stood as fast as you could. Just then you realized that he was the one that smelled like Igneel!

"Ow! That hurt! What did ya do that for!?" he said

"What was that for!? You freakin' sniffed me!" you retorted back.

"Oh yeah, sorry about that." He said as though he had forgotten. "But you smelled just like Igneel and so I just and to make sure I was smellin' right." Shit! I guess I might smell like him since I spent a lot of time with him! Wait how does this guy know Igneel?!

"Uhh I don't l know any Igneel person so it must be a mistake." You lied while you were nervous that he wouldn't believe you. I mean if he had that good of smell than he must have realized that I did in fact smell like Igneel when he was up close. Man, what am I going to do??

"Well if you say you don't know him then I guess you don't. He's kinda hard to forget." At this you nearly fell over. He believed me just like that?!

"Ah sorry I forgot to introduce myself! My name's Natsu! Natsu Dragneel! I'm a Fairy Tail wizard!"

Wait Fairy Tail...Fairy Tail... Ah that's the place Igneel told me to go if I had trouble! I bet this is the dragon slayer that Igneel trained when he came here! What a coincidence!

"Ah my name's (y/n). (y/n) (l/n). And uh sorry about you know.. Slapping you..." you said kinda feeling bad even though he did invade your personal space.

"It's okay. I guess I did go a little too far." He said rubbing the back of his neck while slightly blushing. You honestly didn't notice the blushing since you were usually oblivious to things like that.

"Hey when you hit me you seemed pretty strong! Are you a wizard!?" he said perking up.

"uhhhh yeah I-" before you finished he suddenly took your wrist and dragged you behind him.

"Great! Come on! You should join our guild!!" he said as he dragged you along.

You didn't get very far before Slade ran into the both of you.

"(YYYYYYYYYY/nnnnnnn)!!! There you are! Why did you ditch me like that! I'm so hungry! Did you forget we haven't eaten since yesterday morning!" he said as he flew into you your face nearly knocking you over.

"hmmmph, mmph" you tried to speak as the cat clinged to your face but to no avail. You finally managed to pry him off your face and set him on your shoulder. "I know, I know. Gomen Natsu, this is my friend Slade. So before I follow you to wherever, we need to stop and get some food."

"Except we have no money..." Slade said as though you had forgot.

"I kno-"

"Well then come with me! We have food at our guild and I'll treat you two so you won't have to pay!" Natsu cut you off for the second time.... Seriously he needs to stop doing that. You thought. You were about to deny his kindness but then he grabbed your wrist again and started running again towards who knows where.

"Yes! Food here we come!" Slade exclaimed when he jumped off your shoulder and started to fly after you two