Three

I grunt, throwing Mercedes on my bed. There's no way I could let her suffer at home. Her parents would kill her for getting drunk. Me, on the other hand, my parent is never here. She's always working. Sometimes she's here on the weekends. Sometimes.

I change into pajamas, short shorts and a t-shirt. I crawl into bed and get comfortable. I contemplate the day I had and I shake my head. My life has always been so unpredictable. I reminisce memories, until I fall asleep.

x

I wake up and Mercedes is gone. She's already home. I turn to my side and pick up my phone, checking my notifications. Instagram..Twitter...New Message...Tumblr..Whoa, wait. New Message?! I scroll back up, reading the message.

Unknown Number

Hey, this is Ryder. Mercedes gave me your number earlier.

I take in a sharp intake of air. Mercedes, I swear. I slide my thumb left while holding the notification and unlock my phone. It opens to the conversation. I update his contact to RYDURRR before answering.

So you asked for it? I hope she didn't just give you my number or we would have some problamos...

I bite my tongue, refusing to smile. I may think I'm funny but smiling at this time would be weird. I twiddle my thumbs, waiting for him to answer. It says he just read it. The speech bubble comes up and I feel a weird sensation in my stomach. What's wrong with me? All he's doing is answering my text.

Well, if I said I did, would you be creeped out? :[]

I bite my lip, deciding how to answer cleverly. Wait, why am I thinking about this so hard? He has no relevance to me.

Well, if you said you didn't, I would feel a little suspicious about you.

We don't need that, now do we?

Depends.

Clever girl you are....

Tell me something I don't know sweetie. ;)

And a little bit of sass. I might've found a perfect match. ;D

I pause, 'a perfect match'? Did I play the game wrong? What does that emoticon mean? Is he kidding? Oh goodness.

Please, you wouldn't know your match even if it lit you on fire.

I respond smartly, pretty proud that I made that up on the spot.

Ouch.

I'm not who you think I am. I think it's better if you try not to get attached to me. I don't want to hurt you.

I sigh, the fun's over. I'm done with love, it only comes to leave and I'm finished with it. I can warn him but I know he's not the type of person to give up. I can easily stay unattached but I don't know how to get him to stop before it's too late.

Who are you then? If I don't know now, I would like to know asap.

I really don't want to hurt you. That's all I seem to do to people who get attached to me. I beg you, just stay away from me.

Sorry babe. No can do. You've led me in as deep as I can go, no turning back now. Could we talk about this later? My mom's bothering me to wash her car. ;(

If you insist. But, I'm telling you, you're gonna get hurt.

It's worth it for you. Ttyl x

Bye.