Drag Me Down

Louis POV

Okay... I think I've come to terms with it.... I like Harry Styles. Wow.... I never thought I would say that....

I walked into school and saw Harry put books into his locker. I wanted to go over there and confess my undying love for him, but I couldn't make myself do it. Even though I had admitted it to myself, there was no way I would ever tell anyone else about what I felt. They would make fun of me for the rest of my life, I would never be able to live it down.

But how my heart skipped a beat when I looked at him, well, I couldn't lie to myself. I really liked him.

"Hey, Louis."

Ugh....

"Hey, Liam. What's up?" I said, trying to look like I tolerated his presence.

"Nothing much, but you should've seen how bad I messed up the dweeb yesterday," Liam laughed.

Hatred flooded through my veins as I heard those words come out of his mouth. I did something I had only dreamed of doing, I punched Liam square in the nose. He felt the blood trickle down his lips and his expression hardened. Liam his me in the jaw and I bit my tongue. Metallic tasting blood filled my mouth and I spit. Liam came at me but I dodged another blow to the head. Wanting to get the fight over with, I kneed him where the sun don't shine and he crumbled into a ball, holding his crotch.

"Don't mess with Harry," I said through gritted teeth. "Ever." I walked away, rubbing my jaw with my hand.

"Louis!" A familiar voice said.

"Hi, Harry," I turned to look into his big, beautiful, green eyes. Yes. I did just say that.

"Umm.... That was pretty cool, standing up for me like that," Harry nervously looked down at his feet. He was really cute.

Ugh.... I'm sounding like those chick-flicks I make fun of. That, or some stupid 'alternet universe' fanfiction or something...

"No problem. Do you wanna come over to my place again? To work on the project?" I asked, feeling awkward as well.

Harry looked up at me and smiled. "Of course."

The rest of the school day was spent thinking about Harry, Harry, and more Harry. We hung out during lunch and talked about video games and stuff. I got home and felt like I was floating on top of the world, and that nothing, that nobody could drag me down.

Wait.... Nobody can drag me down...

PERFECT!!! That was the perfect line for the song I'm writing. I pulled out my song book and wrote down the lyrics I had just thought up.

Just then, the door bell rang. My heart skipped a beat as I ran to answer the door. A smiling Harry stood there, eyes lighting up when he saw me. I'm sure I looked the same way.

"Come in, Harry," I said, opening the door wider.

He walked over to the couch, where my song book was sitting, and sat next to it. "What's this?" Harry picked up the book.

"Oh, it's just a book I write song lyrics in. Not really that big of a deal," I tried to sound humble, but really, that book was my pride and joy.

"Ooh! Sing one for me!" Harry was bouncing up and down in excitement. I grinned at his cuteness.

I grabbed my guitar that was leaning against the wall and opened the book to the newest song. I began to strum and sing.

"I've got fire for a heart
I'm not scared of the dark
You've never seen it look so easy
I got a river for a soul
And baby you're a boat
Baby you're my only reason

If I didn't have you there would be nothing left
The shell of a man who could never be his best
If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun
You taught me how to be someone, yeah

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down

I got a fire for a heart
I'm not scared of the dark
You've never seen it look so easy
I got a river for a soul
And baby you're a boat
Baby you're my only reason

If I didn't have you there would be nothing left
The shell of a man who could never be his best
If I didn't have you, I'd never see the sun
You taught me how to be someone
Yeah

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

All my life
You stood by me
When no one else was ever behind me
All these lights
They can't blind me
With your love, nobody can drag me down

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down

Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down
Nobody, nobody
Nobody can drag me down"

Harry was staring at me when I looked up from the book. "Wow," Was all he said.

What he didn't know was he inspired a lot of this song....

"Louis?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"Can I try something?"

My pulse quickened as Harry leaned in closer. I set the guitar next to me and closed the gap, pressing Harry's soft lips against mine.