Chapter 15

Prompt: A guy playfully "proposes" to Lauren and Camila gets jealous.

Camila slammed her laptop shut, growling under her breath as she leaned back in her chair and crossed her arms over her chest while a scowl slid over her face. She had just filtered through the many Tweets and Tumblr posts revolving around a certain picture…and it had been quite displeasing to see any of it.

The brunette huffed as she glared at her computer as if the look would solve everything, as if the look could somehow burn through the boy who had gotten down on one knee and had asked her girlfriend out on a date; Camren shippers had gone crazy the instant it had happened, tattling to Camila immediately.

Today, Lauren had scurried off to a little function where fans seemed to crowd her, getting pictures and autographs. But one fan seemed to have taken it upon himself to take it a step further, and from the looks of things it had seemed like Lauren had been her sweet self and had accepted the proposal with a flattered smile.

Joke or not, it lit a fire in Camila’s stomach and she feared it was going to burn through her. Grinding her teeth for a moment, she thought everything through and tried to calm herself down but found it near impossible as the image of the boy on one knee continued to pop into her head, her teeth grinding down hard.

Grabbing her phone, the fifteen-year-old huffed lightly under her breath as she shot Lauren a quick text telling her to come over as soon as possible. She knew that her words would put Lauren on edge, but she wanted her girlfriend to feel a little bit guilty for what she had done and she wanted her to be nervous.

Tossing the phone on the desk, the girl stood and looked around her room as she nervously chewed at her lower lip before her gaze landed on a stash of candy that she had stolen from Sofia. A small grin spread across her face as she rubbed her hands together, releasing a light laugh as she smirked lightly.

Lauren winced lightly as she once again looked at the text from her girlfriend, reading the words over and over as she adjusted her panda beanie and chewed at her thumb nail. She hated when Camila sent short, cryptic texts like this one; it made her nervous, and it made her stomach twist with a hint of worry.

She knew that Camila had to have found the pictures of the boy asking her on a date, and she had found the gesture so sweet that she had opened her mouth and a yes had slipped out instead of a simple no. It wasn’t that she wanted to date him, no her thoughts were constantly spinning around Camila.

She loved the girl more than words could express and the only time she was really and truly happy was when she was spending time with Camila, the younger brunette had a way of taking everything bad in Lauren’s life and making it good. Sighing heavily, Lauren felt butterflies fill her stomach as her dad pulled into the Cabello driveway and parked.

“Are you sure they don’t mind you coming over?”

“Dad, they love me. They don’t care. Camila’s dad said he’ll take me home before the Google hangout, I’ll be home in an hour or so. Don’t worry.” Lauren smiled as she leaned over to press a quick kiss to her father’s cheek, waving as she climbed out of the car and skipped to the front door.

Sofia quickly threw the door open before Lauren could even think to knock and the teen felt a warm body crash into her causing her to laugh as she scooped the child up and carried her inside the house, shutting the door behind her with her foot as she playfully swung Sofia around causing the five-year-old to giggle.

“Lauren, I missed you!”

“I missed you too, Sofia. Is your sister upstairs being a hermit still? I know she barely ever leaves that room.” Lauren teased as she set the child down, ruffling her hair as the girl nodded. “Well, I’m gonna go get her and then we’ll come play with you.”

“Yay! You’re the best! I’m glad you’re Camila’s girlfriend.”

“Me too, Sofia. Me too.” Lauren smiled as she leaned down to press a quick kiss to the top of Sofia’s head, calling a quick hello to Camila’s parents as she skipped up the stairs and hurried to her girlfriend’s room, knocking softly. “Oh baby, your wonderful and amazing girlfriend is here.”

“Come in.”

Lauren scrunched her nose as she pushed Camila’s door open, frowning lightly when she noticed the lights were off and with a scowl she flicked them and gasped at the sight of Camila kneeling in the middle of the room with a red Ring-Pop, her brown eyes sparkling and her lips turned into a bright grin.

“Baby…”

“Shh, just listen.” Camila ordered as she cleared her throat. “Lauren Michelle Jauregui, you light up my world like nobody else. I love you forever, not maybe. You are my one true love so settle down with me, and I’ll be your safety, just let me be your last first kiss. Because out of all the things I’ve learned, I know I love you better now. So, please accept this ring and be my wife?”

“D-Did you seriously just combine a bunch of lyrics into a goofy little proposal?” Lauren gaped and when a blush spread across Camila’s face, the older girl rushed forward and kneeled to Camila’s level, cupping her face and bringing her forward for a kiss. “That’s the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me.”

“So, will you accept this Ring-Pop and agree to be my wife?” The brunette asked with a goofy smile and when Lauren nodded a beam replaced it as she happily took Lauren’s hand in her own and slid the candy up her ring finger. “I know pronounce us wife and wife, you may now kiss your blushing bride.”

Lauren giggled as she leaned forward and playfully nudged her nose against Camila’s, skimming it slowly over the younger girl’s as she stared into brown eyes that held everything that she wanted. With a gentleness she rarely possessed, the older girl leaned forward and connected their lips in a slow, soft kiss.

The girl slowly drew away from the lip lock and reached out to swipe a strand of dark hair from Camila’s face as she brushed it behind her ear and ran her eyes over the smiling girl’s face, “You are such a dork, but I’m glad you’re my dork.”

“And your wife!” Camila chirped.

“And my wife.”