chapter eight || green tea

chapter eight: GREEN TEA

The rustling of an unidentified, most likely non-flying, object woke Kenma up with a start. His eyes became large as he shuffled away from his original place and landing on a sleeping girl.

He mentally cursed at himself for being illogical, watching her drool and toss around on the floor.

What the hell happened?

Slowly, Kenma recalled his the past night. All that he remembered was gaming, eating croquettes, tickling and gaming.

Not a very common night for him.

Except for maybe gaming till he fell asleep.

He stood up quietly, not wanting to awaken the resting figure curled up into a ball, deciding to make some tea for her.

That's what you do? Right? Make tea for guests? Wait. What if she's allergic, what if she hates tea? What am I supposed to do then?

Kenma childlishy glared at Miruka, for making him worry and overthink things. He doesn't overthink things, nor does he let girls into his house while his parents were on a business trips.

And he definitely does not tease people by almost letting them win games, on purpose. Now that was something to dwell on.

"Pudding-sama?"

What.

"Oh it's . . . Kenma-kun?" Miruka yawned, stretching her arms an increasingly larger amount than most people should. She glanced at the boy and furrowed her eyebrows. "Why do I smell green tea? Why am I on the floor? Why are you not on the floor?"

He turned his head and gazed at her hilariously messy profile.

Hair strands flew everywhere, and her eyes were looked dreamy and dazed. She sniffed loudly, wiping her mouth. After a few seconds, she had finally registered what had happened and screeched.

"OH MY GOD WHAT AM I DOING?" Miruka shouted, attempting to fix herself. "WAIT DON'T MAKE ANY TEA I'LL DO IT! OH GOD HELP ME, I'M MISSING MY SHIFT AT THE PET STORE AND - !"

She looked at the clock and immediately relaxed, ignoring the shocked expression on Kenma's face. Suddenly, he noticed that he wasn't exactly aiming for the cup with the teapot as he awkwardly cleaned up the spilled tea.

"S-Sumimasen, Kenma-kun," the girl stuttered. "I was confused for a second. Please don't mind me and let me make the tea for you!"

Kenma shook his head. "Miruka-san, it's fine."

"Kenma - "

"It's fine."

"But I drooled on your floor."

" . . . It's fine."

Her cheeks went red as Miruka forcefully rubbed her whole face. "Oh my God, I just drooled. I'm sorry about my terrible sleeping habits!"

"Don't apologise twice."

"S-Sorry - wait - thank you?" she replied, shaking her head. "No problem! N-No that's wrong - I mean of course!"