Chapter 2

DAVID

GOING BACK HOME feels stranger than going to a new adventure. It's been so long since I've set foot on New York. I barely even remember how it was. I've been traveling for quite a while now, doing my job and having fun as well.

A doctor's life is never fully stable when you work for the army. I won't say I don't like it because, that would be a lie. I get to see all this beautiful places and women around the world. Yet, it was time for me to go back and finish studying to start what would be my life. At 24 years old, I'm a pretty impulsive guy who probably won't stay at one place long enough. I graduated at the age of twenty from college. Yes, I know behind all this act I am a nerd, I definitely don't take education for granted. I also enjoy culture, that's why these years have been amazing. My personal favorites were England and Greece but, I have to say Italian girls were a true beauty. Going back to New York feels like its time to wake up. It's like I've been living a dream and now I'm back to reality. Nevertheless, I'm excited to see Tommy again, my bestfriend, and who knows? Maybe this time New York will bring something new into my life.

Stepping out the airplane, I find girls gazing at me. I smirked knowing that I do have an effect on women. They can't resist my charm, and it always works on my favor. Tommy was there, waiting for me with a huge sign saying "Welcome home overconfident jerk" . I chuckled, clearly couldn't have a better best-friend than him. After all this time apart, it can be said that there is the same trust that there was back then.

"Finally back home, bro! How does it feel?" he gave me a brotherly hug.
"It feels weird, man" I hugged him back.

"Well, you have been gone a while, I was afraid you were never coming back. I needed my old paint gun partner" he smiled.
"Ah, no one can beat the powerful duo" I slapped his shoulder.
"No man, I've tried it with my girlfriend. She is a disaster.... don't tell her I said that" he frowned after he told his joke. "Girlfriend? Are you already whipped, bro? Damn that was fast", I laughed at his face.

"Dude, you've been gone 4 years. It wasn't that fast", he argued.
"I leave and you go jump to the hands of the first girl you see? I feel betrayed!" I mocked him.
He punched my arm. "Chill dude" I smirked. "Anyways, how long have you been together?" I asked seriously.

"Only about a year but, I'm crazy for her. She is sweet, kind, humble, crazy, happy, independent and so beautiful " he sighed.
"She sounds perfect, I'd love to meet her" I smirked.

"You will, today. Just keep your eyes off her she's mine" he warned playfully.
"Hey, hey, you should tell your lady to keep her eyes off of me" I smirked.

"Cocky ass" he chuckled. "What about you? No special someone? No girl I should know of?" He wiggled his brows.

"Nope, I've seen lovely women around the world but none that I'd be whipped for. You should see Italian women they are an eyeful but, that's it" I responded his question.
"Italian huh? Well, let's get going, then" he said smirking and took one of my bags while I carried the rest to the car.

The ride to the apartment was short. As I entered the room, old memories flashed back. Our best years of college played through my head. Tommy was now an airplane engineer which explained how close we lived from the airport, he always loved planes.

"One more thing dude" Tommy spoke, "when we go meet my girlfriend, behave. Her best friend lives with her and they are both still in college. Her friend though is younger than a normal college girl, eighteen to be exact and she is very kind and innocent. I happen to be very overprotective over her so, no silly business."

"Chill dude, I'll finally get to meet your girlfriend. I'll behave I promise" I winked at him.
"Some things never change huh?" He chuckled.
"Yeah, some things never change" I mimicked his phrase. One of the things that didn't change was this city, always loud and hurried. I can't say I didn't miss it, because I did. It was time to go back to my old routine and I was actually excited about it.

Hours passed and soon we were in front of Tommy's girlfriend apartment. Tommy knocked on the door and it was quickly answered by the most beautiful girl I've seen in my life. I'd be dammed if she is Tommy's girlfriend. She was breathtaking, long brown straight hair, big brown eyes, creamy skin, average height but leaning more into a 5'3 than a 5'6 and beautiful smile. I couldn't believe my eyes as she hugged Tommy. I had to say she looks younger than I expected. Soon enough, came running a blonde about the same height as the brunette and flew into Tommy's arms. I let out an air of relief as she kissed him signaling me that she was Tommy's real girlfriend and the other was the friend he talked about. The brunette curiously eyed Tommy's back to find me.

"Liliana, Sussy,  this is my best-friend, David" Tommy finally spoke introducing me. I smirked at the girls and only to earn a frown from the brunette.

I took the blonde one's hand, which Tommy signaled was Sussy, and kissed it lightly winking, "Delighted to meet you Sussy, I've heard a lot about you."
"All good things I suppose" she glared at Tommy. She looked very young too but, still not as young as the brunette.

I chuckled, "All good"
I then turned to the brunette and walked up to her with confidence , "Liliana right?"

"Yes" she responded crossing her arms.
"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl" I smirked and stepped closer to her. I could smell her delicious perfume from the distance. It was a such a musky and sexy odor for someone who seemed to be so innocent. She chuckled and I sensed a bit of sass in her tone. She then began to what seemed to examine me. Her lips parted a bit, as if she was impressed by my physical traits. Her lips parted again this time to speak.

"David, Hebrew for beloved or may I say lover since you do look like a player" she looked at me smartly. Oh, she was a smart ass. Well, two can play that game, baby.
"Lily, please don't bore him and be nice" Sussy pleaded.
"No, please let her" , I smirked trying to hide that I was impressed and surprised by her smart mouth. I recovered fast, "Liliana, italian name for Lily means innocent and pure, but you are a bit sassy, if you ask me." I chuckled.

She looked at me in shock, she hadn't expected that either.
"How did you know that?" Sussy wondered.
"It's all on the name, plus you do remind me of Juliet Capulet" I tried to flirt. Jesus Christ, I was horrible at this today. What has gotten into me?

She frowned at me annoyed. Damn it, it wasn't that bad of a joke right? Maybe, I shouldn't have said that. But it's true, I can't believe she is Italian.
"Well, I'll be in the balcony" she said excusing herself possibly trying to get away from me. Great genius, that was just great. And because I couldn't be any stupider I reach for her arm and draw her back to me.

"Balcony, I see what you did there. We'll finish this later, if you don't mind" I smirked again trying to get my charm on her.
"Sure thing, player" she said sarcastically. I chuckled and let her leave. Holy shit did she just flipped me off nicely? How come my charm wouldn't work on her? I followed her with my eyes and she didn't turned to the balcony like she said she would, instead took another door which I guess was her room. At this point Sussy and Tommy were all over each other and weren't even paying attention to what we were doing. I followed her being a complete stalker and looked through the small gap in the door. She was laying on her bed and all I could think of was how beautiful she was.

What was I thinking? I was here to complete my studies and focus on my career not to become completely whipped by a girl like Tommy. But boy, did I wanted to know her more...