Chapter 9

Terribly sorry for the long wait! Hope you enjoy! George is the one in the picture above.

                        SUSAN
I thought I'd never have to see the day when this happened. "George?" David asked confused. "Wait what?"Lily was still in David arms but she was slowly trying to get him off. She was trying to reach out to George, and it downed on me how sad the situation was. Here she was happy to see him and she doesn't even know why the reason why he is here.

Yesterday, we encountered George in the pharmacy while shopping for some calmative medicines for Lily. If she eased down the nerves maybe she wouldn't get those panic attacks often. There he was though, he looked shocked at first. The only one he recognized of us was Tommy obviously, he had gotten them out of there. We talked with him for a while and invited him over for coffee since his very rich adoptive parents weren't around. He was not happy to see us, though. He didn't say much, all he said was that he was glad that she was okay and that he wanted to see her one last time.

Lily ran off to him squeezing him in a hug which he didn't return.  "You are a piece of shit" David huffed to George while Lily hugged him.

"David", I warned him. "What Sussy? She is hugging him and he is just standing there not even acknowledging her. You could at least return the hug, asshole" he snapped at him. "David stop, you don't know the whole story" I restrained him from getting closer to them.

"I don't need to the story, to acknowledge he's an asshole" he hissed. "Stop!" Lily cried. David and I turned our attention to Lily. "How can you say that to him? How can you even.. You should go" she sobbed. "What? No way. I'm not leaving you two alone with this guy" he said to her. "You don't understand" she snapped at him. "What? That you are humiliating yourself for this jerk?" He glared at him. Oh Gosh, this was worse than I thought it would be. I found myself sending a text to Tommy urging him to come home right away. I had a feeling this wasn't going to end well.

"Will you stop insulting him?! He is my brother, you stupid!" She shouted. And there it was, the disaster I was dreading. "He's my baby brother" she whispered and then turned to George smiling at him cupping his face. "Your brother?" David stood there baffled. 

Lily on other hand, was ignoring him completely. Finally her brother was here, she wouldn't miss a second of it. "You've gotten so big and muscular and tall. I can't believe I missed all of this. I've missed you so much. Do you have a girlfriend? I bet you have I mean look at you" she rambled.
"Liliana, stop" George spoke for the first time looking at her annoyed. "Yeah okay, I'll go slower, it's fine" she insisted. "No, I meant stop talking. This isn't a reunion" he said with an unreadable expression.

"Of course it is, baby bro. We are finally together again. Finally, after all this time" she hugged him again. He took a step back and freed himself from her. Oh boy. "No, its not" he said. Lily now looked confused. "But I don't understand" she said.

"I came here to see what had become of you. But its clear to me you have everything you've ever wanted. You are very much enjoying life. I mean look at you, this looks like a very expensive dorm, must have taken a lot of mom and dad's inheritance money. You study in one of the best universities of the country, you even have your own personal body guard as your boyfriend" he snapped.

"What? No, you don't understand. All of this things are from a scholarship I got and he is not my boyfriend" she said referring to David. "Whatever, the point is you are overly happy. Living your life fully. And where is mom and dad? Yeah, buried twenty feet underground" he hissed and looked at her straightly. "Its all your fault they died" he mumbled.