Chapter 3

LILY

AFTER BEING IN MY ROOM for a while, prepping my books for tomorrow, I finally went out to the balcony. The fresh air blew my hair away from my face as I breathed. I missed him, I missed him a lot. His laugh, his ackwardness, his way of driving me insane, everything about him. I could only hope, I'd keep living the way he would. Happy. I have a bit sass in me, I guess pretty boy over there was right. I'm proud of myself for becoming who I am honestly. I've always had to look the positive outcome of everything. I never would have met Sussy if things were the other way around, neither Tommy. For those, are the two people I'm so grateful that are in my life. And speaking about life I do have to finish that Chemistry homework. Gosh, I really hate Chemistry. I was about to go in, when pretty boy stepped out.

"Pretty night huh?" He smirked. He seems to always have it on. That gorgeous smirk.
"Yeah, I suppose" I smiled as I tried to get back to the house.
"No, no. None of that. I remember you said we were going to finish this later" he stopped me.

"I'm sorry, it must have escaped me but, I really don't remember. What exactly is "this"? " I crossed my arms.
"It's cute how you resist me" he said making me laugh.
"You are full of yourself aren't you?" I raised an eyebrow.

"I don't know what you mean" he acted innocent.
I sighed. "Pretty boy, I have stuff to do can you please move?"

"Pretty boy huh? You think I'm pretty?" He smirked.
"Sure, sure now please.." as I tried to get my way, I dropped my phone.

"I'm sorry" he frowned getting it from the floor.
"It's okay. Don't worry, I'm pretty clumsy" I said to him.
"No, it's my fault. Here, let me check it" he said scanning my phone with eyes full of wonder.

"Are you done?" I chuckled.
"Your phone case. London huh? You like it there? Have you ever been?" He asked.
"Yes, it's my dream to go there. But no, I've never been. I wish I did though" I smiled sadly at him trying not to get the worse memory of my life back.

"I've been there. It's gorgeous. So much culture and castles you can't get enough" he said excited.
"Really? Well I kind of hate you more now" I laughed.

"You hate me?" He asked quirking his eyebrow.
"You are right. Hate is such a strong word. I very much dislike you" I poked him while smiling.

"I see. Would you dislike me more if I told you all about it?" He said.
"Indeed. But I want to hear it anyways" I told him. We spent hours him telling me all about his adventures and trips. He went to all the places I wanted to visit. London, Greece, Italy, France, he was lucky guy. That was my life's dream and I only ever came close to it. So close, but not enough.

"Well, beautiful now that I told you everything, do you dislike me a lot?" He finally said.
"Yup, I clearly very much dislike you now. I've never dislike someone like this in my entire life" I said trying to sound serious.

"Shit, really? That's bad isn't it?" He asked with a worried smile.
"Yup" I said getting up.
"Where do you think you are going?" He stopped me by my arm.
"Not that you need to know, but I am going to finish that Chemistry homework, player" I said seriously.
"I thought we already did Chemistry" he winked at me.

"Ugh, that was horrible, really" I said trying to sound annoyed but inside I was laughing at his failed pick-up line.
"Well, I should get going too, tomorrow I need to get up early" he stands up.
"Aren't you going to ask me why?" He smirked.

"Sure thing, player. Go ahead tell me why? Going surfing or something?" I teased.

"Do I look like a surfer to you? I guess you don't dislike me as you say you do" he said getting closer to me. Too close. My breathing went shaggy and I almost lost my balance but quickly recovered.

"I mean yeah you got the body... I mean... what guys like you do these days anyways? Spend their money on clubs and what not right? But getting up early sounds like a thing a surfer would do. Okay that was mean, sorry" I rambled.

He frowned and then smiled back, "Don't be sorry, and yeah I actually do surf so you are not wrong about that. But, I actually have to go to the hospital for residency. I'm starting my specialist years" he said making my eyes go wide and his smirk deepen.

"You, you you are a doctor?" I asked. He couldn't be. He didn't look or act like a doctor at all.
"Yes, that's why I've been traveling a lot. I've been serving my years as a doctor to the military since they paid my studies and all" he chuckled.

"I can't believe it" I whispered.
"Shocked?" He smirked. That smirk, that interesting smirk.
"Very, I must admit. You don't seem you know.." I tried not to sound horrible and mean.

"Smart? I get that a lot don't worry" he laughed. I was flustered. That did not just happened. He was gorgeous and smart? Damn, he is kind of perfect if you ask me. The kind of man every girl dreams of.

"Wow...I just can't believe it. That took me off guard", I chuckled. "You are new to college right?" He asked me. "No, I'm on my second year actually. Just turned 18" I confessed.

"Ah, you are a nerd" he teased.
"Says the 24 year old doctor" I huffed.
"Yeah, yeah, but look at you. Pretty, smart, sexy and with an attitude" he confessed.

"Me? Sexy? Where do you get that from?" I blushed.
"Intelligence it's sexy. That's why I am so irresistible" he smirked.

Okay, now he is back to the overconfident jerk he is.
"Okay, that's a time out for you, player. You are giving me a headache" I said while pushing him through the balcony door.
"You can resist all you want, beautiful. We both know you want me", he smirked again.

"Yeah , yeah. Tommy I think it's best if you take your friend here home. He won't stop tormenting me" I said walking into the living room.
"Yup, it's late anyways. Did he bother you much? He tends to give headaches" Tommy chuckled.

"Hey, this is what I count for as a bestfriend?" David acted wounded.
"Shut up, cocky ass! Let's go" Tommy said pushing through the door as he yelled "I love you" to Sussy.

"I love you too" she yelled back and they were out the door.
I sat in the living room with my homework.
"So, you guys were out there long..." Sussy commented raising an eyebrow.

"It's not what you think" I said quickly.
"I haven't said anything" she laughed.
"Stop it" I whined.
"He is handsome and a doctor" she said.
"He is a headache that's what he is" I rolled my eyes.

"Sureee" she hummed.
"Yes, now shhh I'm trying to do another headache in my life, Chemistry, and that guy just made it worse..."