-Dan-
Sweat ran down my cheek and dropped onto my drumhead. I was breathing heavy and straining my eyes against the bright lights to stare straight forward.

The people in the stands didn't seem to be paying any attention to us, but we stood at perfect attention nonetheless. Being the visiting marching band had its perks, but eyes from the home crowd weren't one.

Mild applause ensued from the visiting crowd behind us. Four tweets from the lead drum major's whistle prompted us to march straight forward off the field.
Immediately after we received the okay to fall out, my best friend Emma (first chair tuba) found me. She pulled me by the sleeve of my uniform and we took a knee at the side of the field.

"You did great, Dan," she beamed. I half smiled.

"I was out of step most of the time, babe."

"Doesn't matter. Wait, how can a drummer be out of step?"

"Don't ask."

We watched as our rival school's band marched onto the field. Damn, I thought, they're good as hell. The words that escaped my mouth were "We're so much better."

Redford College of the Arts skillfully stepped onto the field and began their halftime set. I paid no attention and instead made silly faces at Emma.

Soon that got old, though, and so I peered into the band to see if I recognized anyone. Being our rival school, they showed up at loads of games to play us. It was customary among universities like mine to play our rivals a lot during football season.

I spotted one bitch with bright blue hair who called me a fag at the last game. I also found a group of trombones who ganged up on freshmen two years previous and terrorized them. The last person I could recognize before the band stepped off was a tall flautist guy with short, ebony hair and blue eyes. My least favourite. He hated my guts and I hated his.

"Aw, look, Quiff Kid's got a fringe now!" I squealed sarcastically. Emma chuckled. "It's like he wants to match you. Maybe he loves you Danny!" She drew out the 'o' unnecessarily long and I glared at her.

"Don't even joke about that. Fuck Redford."

"Yeah, babe. Melladine Uni for life."

Wow hey, it's me again

Idk how often I'll write this, this'll probably be a shorter one than Faeries bc school and yeah

My friend Kate came up with this while we were dicking around during a football game cause we're in marching band and AU and wow

Hope you people like this hey hey