-Dan-

Soon, it was time for me to report to the concession booth. Leaving the wrong hoodie at home in fear that someone would notice it, I rushed to the field and reported to the booth.

When I entered, there were five or six other people rushing around, probably making last minute product and organizing. I found Phil quite quickly. He was helping set up the display of candies beside the window. I walked up to him and managed to stutter a "Hi".

"Hi," was his reply.

Good enough.

I left his side and went to go find work. Marie greeted me warmly and suggested I fill the cooler with drinks, which I did. The whole time, I listened for Phil's voice. He spoke with an accent reminiscent of the northern dialect, and it was quite gorgeous. 

No, no it's not, I thought, Phil is still at Redford and you're not even supposed to be friends. Don't go catching feelings. 

Whatever.

I continued with my work while the sweet sound of his voice floated in my mind.

"Hi, Marie."

Some mumbling.

"Alright, I will."

"Doing fine, dear, just fine."

"What? No, of course not! I'm supposed to hate him, he's from Melladine!"

What?

I listened closer to see if I could hear him saying anything else, but Marie had evidently told him to keep his voice down. Realizing I had stopped my work to listen, I resumed, but went about it as quietly as possible as to keep listening.

"Alright, fine, I kind of do. But he'd never like me back."

I dropped the cans I was holding on the ground and they burst all over the floor, making me jump and Marie sigh.

"One moment, Phil. Dan, darling, what happened?" Marie came bounding around the machinery that separated me from Phil and exhaled rather slowly as she saw my mess.

"I'm sorry, Marie, I'll get it." I announced as I grabbed the nearest mop and began to wipe up the spillage. She smiled at me and went back to Phil.

"Honey, you should at least try."

"But when?"

"Tonight, while you're here. Pull him aside when it's slow and just do it, dear. I'll cover for you."

What?

**

i wrote most of this at my play rehearsal and it's shit but idc i've been super busy lately

also genuinely thank you to StephanieGregory194 for reminding me about this and basically forcing me to pick up again because i might have just dropped this thing completely if not for you <3

ok bye