Your Yoda I Will Be

I was woken up by voices later on. "Dad yes I'm well aware that it is only 9 o'clock and tonight is the night we get dinner together but she's tired and I-" I sat up and looked at Stiles and his dad. "You don't have to let me stay here. I can go home if you want." Stilinski shook his head and waved us both over. He was dressed in his work uniform and Stiles and I both walked downstairs with him.

"We'll all go. But you guys will have to squeeze in the front." I nodded and we went outside and got in the police car which I've never actually been inside of. Well. In a bad way. As in getting arrested. "Ow Stiles. You're stepping on my foot." I was half sat on Stiles' lap on pretty much sitting sideways. "Sorry sorry."

"It's alright. Can you uh, can you move it?" He nodded quickly and twitched slightly moving his foot off of mine. Stilinski looked at us and I grinned weakly. "Okay I'm ready for some food. Are you sure you don't want me to leave? I mean I'll go home." Both Stilinski boys shook their head. "No problem Jayla. You're already part of the family."

I smiled lightly and nodded. "Alright let's get food then."

--------

We sat parked on the side of the road a little bit down the road from where we bought our food. Stilinski was looking through the bags and couldn't find something. "Mm. Did they forget my curly fries?" Stiles bit into his food as I did as well. "You're not supposed to eat fries, especially the curly ones." I laughed lightly and Stilinski groaned. "Well, I'm carrying a lethal weapon. If I want the curly fries, I will have the curly fries."

I snorted and Stiles pinched me. "If you think getting rid of contractions in all your sentences makes your argument any more legitimate, you are wrong."

"Come on Stiles give him a few fries."

"Unit one, do you copy?" Stiles' hand reached out quickly, nearly pushing me off him but Stilinski slapped his hand away. "Sorry." Stilinski answered and they said something about a 'possible 187'. "What's a 187?" Stiles' head shot up with his mouth stuffed with curly fries. "A murder?" Stilinski nodded and turned on the car before quickly driving to the area of the possible murder after he got the location.

"Stay here. Paul, let's get this area locked up." I slid off of Stiles and out of the car against Stilinski's orders and looked around. For a second I thought I spotted Scott on top of the building with Derek. Next thing I know Scott's closer to the edge and waving me over to the back of the building. Looking around I slid around the building and sure enough Derek Hale was standing in front of me.

"Heyyy big guy! What up?" I held out my fist but Derek remained with his arms across his chest and I slowly pulled my arm back and sighed. "Alrighty then." Scott jumped down off the roof and landed next to Derek. "Okay what did you guys want?"

"The alpha is on the loose. Derek is pretty sure he did this. I don't want you to get hurt." I sighed and leaned back nd forth on my feet. "I was with Stiles and his dad. I'm fine." Scott shook his head. "No. Come on." I nodded and the three of us went into the nearby forest. "You know I have life too."

Derek scoffed and looked at Scott. "No you don't." I it my lip and sighed. "Yes, I do! I don't care what you say about him making me his pet or -" I stepped forward. "Actually it's part of his pack. But yeah Derek he has a point."

Derek glared at me and my eyes widened while I backed up. "Whatever. I have homework to do. I have to go to a parent/teacher conference tomorrow because I'm failing chemistry." My mouth dropped. "You're failing chemistry?" He nodded at me quickly while keeping a straight face at Derek.

"You wanna do homework? Or do you wanna not die? You have less than a week until the full moon. You don't kill with him, he kills you."

I rolled my eyes. "Okay seriously, who made up these rules?" Derek walked closer to me and I stepped back. "It's a rite of passage into his pack." I yawned and sat down on a nearby rock. "You know what else is a rite of passage? Graduating from high school. And you don't have to kill anyone to do it! Why can't you just find him yourself? Why can't you just sniff him out when he's a human?"