winter formal

"Go. Go to Stiles, try and form a distraction." I nodded and ran outside and grabbing my bike. My legs peddled faster than ever and I literally pounded on the Stilinski's door. Thank god sheriff had a late shift right? "Jayla? Hey what's wrong?" I knew my eyes were watering. There were millions of thoughts going around my mind. Is Peter really going to hurt my mom? Would he try and give her the bite? Wiping my face, I nodded.

"Peter. He took my mom out. You need to help me form a distraction." He nodded and I pointed to the jeep. "We're going to need that." He looked at me and bit his lip. "I-we what?" I nodded and hit his arm. "Yeah. now come on Stilinski." He nodded and ran inside to grab his keys. "Okay so what's your plan?" We were driving down the road that I knew Peter and mom would be on.

"Hit them. Not hard. Just enough to be considered a car accident." Stiles mouth dropped. "Wha- okay fine." He drove and he slightly hit the car and I bit my lip. "My mom is so going to kill me." He nodded and we both slid out of the jeep. "Mrs. McCall?" She tightly nodded and looked at both Stiles and I. "Stiles. Jayla." I cringed and bit my lip. "H-hey mom." Stiles laughed and went over to her. "Wow, this is - this is just crazy. What a coincidence, huh?"

I swear I heard her growl at him. "I mean - I do not know what happened. You guys just came out of nowhere." I rolled my eyes and pinched my nose. "Oh my god." Mom groaned and glared at Stiles. "Came out of nowhere! We were parked on the side of the road, Stiles." Stiles nodded shyly. "How crazy is that? I mean, we should probably call the cops, you know, do like an accident report thing." Peter turned towards us and shook his head

"I don't think that's necessary." Stiles rubbed his neck as he talked and I mentally groaned again. "Are you sure? I think I'm feeling a little whiplash."

"Whiplash? You hit us!" Stiles shrugged and rubbed his neck again. "I don't know - there's something definitely wrong with my neck." I bit my lip and stepped up. "I'm so sorry mom. We'll leave." Suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket and I took it out. 'Scott: Get to Derek's house. Now' I nodded. "Stiles. Bring me home. Let them be." He nodded and we waved at mom and drove away. "Drop me off at the preserve."

He looked at me hesitantly and I nodded. "Trust me okay?" He nodded and he pulled up to the same spot we came the night Scott was bit. "Jayla." I turned and looked at him. "Yeah?" He sighed and ran a hand over his hair. "Be careful." I smiled widely and nodded. "Always am." He nodded and drove away as I walked through the woods.

It was dark but there was a small source of light from the moon above. Not full but not a new moon obviously. The leaves and sticks crunched under my feet and I swear I heard animals running around. My heartbeat was deafening as it was so silent you could probably hear a pin drop if I wasn't walking. Finally, I made it to the Hale house and I went up the steps.

"Look around you! Wouldn't there be someone here trying to save you? There's no one here. There is a reason. No one cares that you drive an expensive car. No one cares that you have perfect hair, and no one cares that you're captain of the lacrosse team." That was Derek. And with that description it could only mean one thing. He has Jackson. Before I could barge in I heard something else. "Excuse me. Co-captain."

I opened the door and Jackson was half fallen on the bottom of the stairs. Derek was standing in front of him and Scott was at the top of the old, wooden stairs. Scott jumped down and stood in-between Derek and Jackson. Suddenly there was a flash of light to my left. "Cover your eyes! Scott! Go! Run!" Scott ran and I somehow had grabbed Jackson and pulled him outside and shoved him off to the right. "Go! Jackson. Get out of here."

He looked back at me and I nodded waving him off. Not knowing which way Scott ran I just ran straight and hoped for the best. I heard groaning ahead so I must have been right. "Scott?" Another groan. I ran forward and found Scott just as he fell to the ground. "Scott! Scott no. Hey hey wake up. Scott- Scott please." My eyes started watering and I pulled out my phone. Who would even know how to deal with this? Only Stiles knows and he's just Stiles.