an alpha that's into team work

Of course that's what he was worried about. I mean I get it, yeah I would be worried myself but Stiles and I are in danger ourselves. Even though I did tell Scott I'd be with him through this. Aside from my mom he is the only family I have left that cares about me.

"Jay did you hear me?" My head snapped up and my eyes slightly widened. "I- no what did you say?" Stiles shook his head. "I have another idea so I'm taking Scott outside. You don't follow us got it?"

I sighed and nodded. "Whatever. I have to study anyways." He nodded and I left, going into the hallway with my history book. After a minute or two somebody sat beside me. "What are you reading?" I jumped slightly and looked next to me. "Oh hey, Jackson." I held up my history book. "Just studying for history. You have a free period or.." He shook his head and leaned back against the locker. "No, I-I just don't like sitting in chem." I nodded and lightly laughed. "Understandable. Did you uh, did you want something?"

He weakly nodded and looked at me. "Actually, yeah. I wanted to talk. I realize I've been a jerk to you and your brother. Especially, Scott. And I want to say that I'm sorry. I'm serious." I nodded slightly. "Okay. I-I believe you're being serious, but I'm not sure you're being sincere."

He sat forward quickly and leaned toward me. I fell back against the locker surprised.

"Do you know what it's like to be the best player on the team? To be the star? To have every single person at the game chanting your name? And then -some kid- some kid just comes along and then everyone starts looking at him instead of you. Do you know what that feels like?" I bit my lip and shook my head.

"No, I don't." He leaned toward me more and I was already back against the lockers. "Well it feels as if something has been stolen from you. And then you start feeling like you'd do- anything. Anything in the world to get it back."

I scooted over and tried to smile widely. "Haven't you ever heard there's no 'I' in team?" His face grew serious. "Yeah, but there is a 'me'." My face fell and he shook his head. "Ha. That was a joke. Wow you must really hate me." I shook my head. "No not at all."

He moved towards me again. "You sure? Because- I'm not a bad guy. I mean, yeah, I make stupid mistakes. A lot, but I'm not bad. I really like you. A-and Scott. I really- I really like you both, and I want you guys to like me. I want to get to know you better."

I stared at him blankly. "You-you what?" He shook his head and stood up. The bell rang and he shrugged. "Nothing, I'll see you around Jayla." He walked away and I bit my lip before walking to econ.

"Stiles I need to talk to you." He turned to look at me with wide eyes. "About what?"

"Jackson." He raised his eyebrows and leaned towards me in his desk. "What about him?" I glanced at Scott and shook my head. "Later." He nodded and turned back.

"Let's settle down. Let's start with a quick summary of last night's reading. Greenburg, put your hand down. Everybody knows you did the reading. How about uh, McCall." Both Scott and I looked at him. "What?" I glanced at Scott the same time he glanced at me. We smiled lightly and looked forward. "I-uh, Scott. The reading."

I sighed. Scott didn't do the reading and I know that for a fact. "Last night's reading?" I leaned forward and pinched my nose. "How about, uh, the reading of the Gettysburg address?"

Come on Coach leave him alone. "What?" Coach waved his hand. "That's sarcasm. You familiar with the the term 'sarcasm' McCall?" Scott glanced at Stiles and I. "Very."

Coach continued to bask on him about not doing the reading and I heard a beeping. I hit Stiles' back and pulled him closer to my desk. "Turn it down." He pulled out Coach's phone and I watched the screen. "160. 180. Come on Scott. " A second or so later it started going down and Stiles tapped my arm to make sure I saw it.