Chapter 19-Into The Lion's Den

Still taken aback by the revelations of Layla's close friend, Roxbury forced himself to go back to thinking business first.

"Let me call them to see if they can receive us now." He told Layla as he was reaching for his phone. Layla looked stunningly sexy in a very casual jeans and black top. As he was being informed that Natalia was in a meeting at the moment, he declined to leave a voice mail. Instead he sent her a quick text.

"Layla and I are available within an hour. Proceed?"

His eyes went back to Layla after a quick glance over her shoulder towards the door where her roomie disappeared a minute earlier.

"You two work the same hours?" He teased, nodding towards the bedroom door.

Layla smiled. "Actually we usually don't see each other that much during the day."

Roxbury was about to answer when a text came in. He looked it over, knowing right away it was from Natalia.

"Perfect. Will be waiting."

"They will be seeing us in about an hour." He informed Layla. "Let's grab a cab, we can share the fare." He joked.

As a true gentleman would do, he opened the door for her and they left. After two unsuccesful attempts, Roxbury finally caught the attention of a taxi driver who pulled over a little passed them. They rushed to the car so noone would steal their ride, got it and Roxbury gave the driver the address. The music in the cab was loud, Redemption Song by Bob Marley, and Roxbury assumed the driver was from Jamaica as well.

Traffic was heavy but they should reach Natalia's office within 30 minutes max, so he knew they'd have a little time to discuss the legal aspect of the coming deal in private before the meeting.

Bob's countryman took the first left turn a little sharply, which threw Layla against Roxbury. she stayed there once the cab slowed down though, which made him feel good.

"Do you have an agent?" Roxbury asked.

Layla seemed amused by the comment. How could she have an agent, she was serving coffee from 6 to 10 every morning and never really thought she'd ever have a shot at being a full time model. She could try to explain all her thoughts and reasons for not having one, but instead she kept it simple.

"No."

Roxbury looked at her. "Well, you may need one to look after your interests, you know."

"Where would I find one?" She asked him. "And what exactly would I need one for?"

"Well, hopefully your face will be all over this city pretty soon, so you will start receiving lots of other offers real soon. You need someone to handle these calls when your phone is off." Roxbury was having a little fun with the situation.

She turned her head and smiled.

"You found me. Will you be my secret agent?"

Roxbury couldn't tell whether she was serious or simply playing along. She was still so close to him that her right leg was pressed against his. The cab made a right turn and Layla instinctly grabbed his leg. This time again, she didn't go back to her original position once the drive got smooth again. Her hand was on the inside of his thigh, her elbow dangerously close to his crotch.

"Roxbury, I would like it if you were my agent." She repeated, staring at him.

"Layla, this is serious business." He wanted to make sure she understood this was not all a game. "I can be your agent if you really want me to, but I believe there are more qualified pros out there."