The End Is just The Beggining

Third Person

Its been a year and a half since the destruction of the dark castle.

Mal was still a little shaken up, but she would always be.

Ben and her had gotten married a month ago.

Doug had finally asked Evie to marry him.

Jay and his team of Tornet players won the championships, making them winners of all of Auradon.

Carlos had finally ask Jane out on another date after trying desperately to find an impressive idea.

So all in all, the world was turning out great.

But one thing was hard to understand.

Why did The Horned King end his own life in the castle?

He could have gotten out, and Mal knew that since the day it happened.

So why didn't he?

There is only one answer.

All good stories, no matter how they start or go on in the middle, there is always an ending.

Some say you know when your story is over, others say it just happens.

But in the case of these five friends, the end is just the begging.

No one knows for sure if when their stories end if they end in some great triumph, but I'll tell you one thing.

Even if it doesn't, sometimes it isn't the destination that matters, its the journey.

Mal figured that out for herslef.

She didn't need to have some huge hero story, even though she did.

She learned that what she did, no matter how heroic, was good, and that is all she could ever want.

But evil never sleeps, there are still others who will want to get to these five, but if they could survive this, I can safely say that they can survive anything.

.....

"Ben! You know I hate the blindfolded thing!" Mal says as Ben leads her through the castle.

He chuckles.

"I kinda like the idea of a good suprise." He responds with a chuckle.

Mal huffs.

"Then I'll remember that for your next big surprise." She mutters stubbornly.

He brings her into a pitch black room, where he takes off the blind fold.

Mal frowns.

"The surprise is a pitch black room?" She asks, sounding completely confused.

The light flash on and all her friends pop up from their hiding places.

"Happy Birthday Mal!" They all shout happily.

Mal satnds at the door, looking a bit overwhelmed.

"Thanks guys." Mal says happily.

"Just because I'm not a big party person doesn't mean this isn't a happy time..." Mal thinks to herself.

The whole party was the best time of their lives.

They danced to all their favorite music, watched their favorite movies, and did anything fun.

"Guys, I want to thank you all." Mal says from her spont on the sofa.

All her friends smile brightly.

"But not just for this. For all the years of helping me defeat evil and triumphing. Without you guys I wouldn't be here." She says smiling.

The whole group looks taken aback.

No one had expected Mal to say anything like that.

"To our friendship." Mal says, holding up her glass of soda.

They all chuckle.

"To our friendship!" The cheer, clicking their cups together.

I think its pretty safe to say that these stories had happy endings.