3.00

"EXCUSE ME?" I mumble, interrupting Randy as I clear my throat in the hopes of getting her attention. She pauses, frowning as she looks up at me with an irritated glance, arching a dark brow. I teeter on my toes for a few seconds before she gives me an expectant glance, tired of waiting. "Uhm...how long?" She had called me in far too early in the morning for an emergency meeting of some sort. Any time was too early for me, since I was rarely gifted with sleep. It had been a little over a week and we hadn't really started anything to propel the line save for fittings, and for that I was eternally grateful. But now, it seemed like Randy wanted to get my "relationship" with Harry started.

     "What ever do you mean?" The words fly off of her lips and she looks so confused, a thin hand perched against her left hip. I was envious of her, for she had the perfect figure, one that I would kill for and despite my best efforts, could never achieve.

     That's because you don't try hard enough. Maybe if you fixed it and got off of your lazy arse, you wouldn't look the way you do.

     I draw in a deep breath and do my best to ignore the voice; dropping the scowl I recently adorned and smoothing out my eyebrows, drawn together out of anger.

      "What I mean is," I say calmly, making sure that I have her full attention. Randy tends to have a selective hearing, and she blocks out anything that doesn't please her. "How long will Harry and I have to spend together today?"

     "Oh! The entire day." I cringe slightly, desperately trying to keep my face blank and free of all emotion as Harry smirks beside me.

     "Pardon? Is that honestly necessary-"

     "Clothes ready!" Raoul calls from across the room, grinning and adjusting his ear pierce with one hand as he pushes the clothing rack with the other. It slides to a stop in front of me and I scan over the garments hanging neatly; spotting a grey Ramones tee similar to the one Harry wore a few days ago during a fitting. I scan each and every item on that rack and to my displeasure, it appeared as if Randy was actually series about this idea of hers and would in fact be carrying it out. I hoped it would end up like one of many previous failed attempts such as the horrendous nature line.

     Said line was inspired by a weekend she had spent in Rio de Janeiro, returning with headbands made from actual tree leaves that even housed a few insects. That in itself was an obvious issue, but then there were the dress. God, the dresses. They came down to around my ankle and were not only the horrid colour of an avocado drenched bile, but a ghastly brown as well. Essentially, she wanted both myself and several other models to advertise wearing trees. She thought it was a great idea until she came to the realization that it was rather mental and insect headbands paired with itchy fabric wouldn't exactly go flying off of the shelves. Oh and, the jewelry that went along with the line! She was inspired by the culture over in the region and what they wore, not to mention the natural bright and vibrant colours of the insects. For a moment, her mind was so done up in fumes that she even considered gathering a few and freezing them. They were to be a pedant of sorts but luckily, that idea was crushed before she had the time to execute it.

     Unfortunately, Randy was far more excited for this boyfriend-girlfriend matching than she was for the nature line or the baby line or the bathroom spread line. Hitherto, the line actually looked decent, and I suspected that she had been putting all of her effort into it.

     "Harry, dear, why don't you take this lovely lass out around the town, perhaps for lunch?" Randy offers, completely ignoring my discomfort and obvious apprehension towards this entire ordeal. The words, 'I already ate, but thank you' are on the tip of my tongue and I am just about to blurt them out until I regrettably recall that those words have been said far too often within the past few weeks. If we were being honest, they had been said far too often within the past years. I would have to think of something else, something rude enough to get Harry to leave me alone and disregard my lack of eating. But for now, I would have to keep my mouth shut, stomach quiet, and irritation at an all time low around Randy. That woman was a force to be reckoned with.