{7} games

“So uh,” Harry looked over at me, one hand still resting on the steering wheel of his vehicle. “Care to tell me why you called me at this hour to pick you up in the middle of nowhere?”

     “You weren’t my first choice.” I muttered, pressing my crossed arms harder against my chest. My shivers were in the process of being minimized, and I hoped this action would help cease the cold attacking me but it was to no avail; it was bloody freezing in here.

     “Perhaps your only, am I correct?” My lips parted as I began to speak, but thought better of it as I gratefully noticed Harry cranking up the heat. Thank heavens. He also left his house at almost five in the morning to bring me home, the least I could do is be a bit less of a snarky bitch. Even though he deserved it; I’m sure he never thought of my wellbeing whilst he teased me without end.

     “Thanks. For getting me.”

     “Alright, don’t tell me. But you’re welcome.” He sighed before looking at me again out of the corner of his eye, one foot propelling the car forward swiftly. “Warm enough?” I nodded, knowing he was able to see me. In truth; the temperature felt about the same and I still felt as if there were an immense cold burrowed deep within my bones. There was nothing I could do about it but at least I would be home soon, warm and alone.

     “It’s just around the corner.” I said quietly, pulling my grey jumper sleeves over my immense hands.

     They look like cow utters you fat arse.

     Did you notice while you’re sitting your stomach fat rolls up even more than usual?

     And your thighs bloat up too, it’s grand. Not to mention your stringy hair, back fat. Fat fat fat. All over your body. Fat fat fat, it makes you an even bigger nobody.

     “Shut up!” I screamed, eyes widening in horror as I realised that I had yelled to my inner demons aloud.

     Harry slowed his driving some, turning entirely to look at me. “Skylar? What’s going o-“ My aqua eyes stared at him blankly, breathing heavily. Panic surged within me and I quickly whipped my head away from Harry, my hands fumbling to open the door. Harry wasn’t driving very quickly, so it allowed me to leap from the sleek black vehicle once the door had opened. Even if he were driving quickly, there was no way I would stay after that outburst.

     He stopped driving entirely then and I drew in a sharp breath, ignoring the pain at my sides as I sprinted around the corner and towards my flat. Once I was close enough, I slowed my speed down to a run and slipped inside the building. The stairs were climbed and soon I was within my flat, door locked to keep Harry away for it was not unlike him to follow me after the situation in the car.

     With still shaking breaths and increasingly weak limbs, I started towards my bedroom to peel off the sticky sweat ridden clothes I had run in. The mirror was avoided as I didn’t need anything else to trigger the demons—although they were triggered by my very existing—and I changed into an oversize white jumper. My aching body gladly fell back into the large bed, being swallowed up by a slew of duvets.

••••

     “Skylar.” Cool, even breaths brushed against my ear, causing a shiver to run through me. I burrowed deeper within my sheets, wishing nothing more than to lie in bed forever after resting for what seemed like only a handful of minutes. The breathing motion persisted and I was growing irritated, not remembering leaving the window open for air to enter.

     “Ungh.”

     “Skylar love, come on.” My eyes shot open and I rose immediately, forehead colliding with Harry’s.