{8} two truths and a lie

wow look i didn't take a month to update let's celebrate! 

i hope you all like the chapter; i love you all, please vote, comment, and follow if you are inclined to do so. i would appreciate either one of the three very much.

     Harry stares back at me, hands buried deep within the pockets of his jacket. “It appears you have.” He says, green orbs burrowing into my skin. I walk behind him and press my hands to his back, forcing him to mount the steps of the ferris wheel.

     “Come on loser, I’m right behind you.” He complies and continues to walk as I shake the chips out of my jacket. They tumble to the dark ground where I crush them, using the heel of my combat boot to do so. I follow Harry up the steps and after passing several rows, we plant ourselves down into a seat painted with intricate golden petals. My breathing becomes heavy as the demons remind me of how close I am to Harry, and how easy it is for him to feel each and every layer of fat that coats my body. I try to slow it down, for my breaths come out rapid and uneasy due to panic. Harry cannot witness this, for he has already become too suspicious of me.

     His hand rests upon my thigh and I fight the urge to scream, fight the desire to claw at my skin and tear it to shreds right then and there. I feel as if I am on fire, Harry’s touch inducing this very feeling, my fat spilling out all around me. He scoots his hand upwards and it brushes my own until he laces our fingers together tightly.

     Why is he doing this?

     Why won’t he stop touching me?

     Doesn’t he know how disgusting I am?

     There is laughter in my head, the sound loud and very unwanted. I shut my eyes tightly and again try to calm my breathing.

     Obviously he knows. Everyone knows. You’re sickening Skylar. At least you’ve disposed of the food. It’s poison, and you’d do best in remembering that. It’ll only kill you. I’m here to help. Don’t forget that.

     There is a clanking of metal as a final couple boards the ferris wheel and takes their seat. The wheel is lurched backwards rather rapidly and the entirety of the machine lights up, the arrangement of colors quite nearly blinding me. The sky is darkening, and I wonder if Harry and I will miss our shoot for the day. Most likely not, because neither of us want to face Randy’s wrath.

     I try to pry my hand from Harry’s but he won’t have it, his grip only becomes stronger. I let out an agitated sigh I know he can hear and keep my gaze directed on my lap, willing the ride to be over so I can set the distance between us once again.

     “Skylar.”

     “Yes?”

     “I haven’t forgotten, you know.” I turn towards him to find that he is already looking at me intently, his gaze direct and focused. What he is talking about I am not certain, for there are a number of things that Harry could be referring to.

     “About what?”

     “About what happened last night. How you acted in the car. Or why you were in the middle of nowhere looking like a downright mess for that matter.” I shut my eyes and drew in a heavy breath, trying to think of the best way to access the situation.

     “It was nothing, Harry. I already told you that. Just drop it.”

     “I can’t just ‘drop it’, Skylar. What happened?” This time I pull my hand from his grip harshly and cross my arms over my chest, no longer looking at the boy who has become too irritating and too inquisitive for my liking. Not that anything Harry ever did was to my liking. Harry presses a cool finger to my chin and turns my head, forcing me to look into his deep green eyes. His breath is warm, and it fans along my face as his nose is a mere few centimeters from mine.