Lycanferatu.

Are you a mixture of your parents? Do you have your mum's green eyes and your dad's black hair? Your mum's cute nose and your dad's strong jaw bone?

Well, congratulations, you are a normal human being.

I'm not.

I am an outcast. I'm different from everyone else. I'm shunned from society just because of what I am and who my parents are. Seems fair, right? People expect me to prey on small children or attack anyone that comes near me, just for their blood.

But that's to be expected when you're the offspring of a werewolf and one of Dracula's own descendants. A Lycanferatu. Okay, I made that up, but whatever.

I know what you're thinking. Well, actually I don't 'cause I'm not a mind reader, but I can take a pretty good guess. Vampires and werewolves are mortal enemies, right? Wrong. That's just a myth. Vampires and werewolves aren't a myth. They're as real as you or I. Well, maybe not me because I'm pretty sure I shouldn't exist.

I know that a long time ago, all abominations had to hide from the world because people would try to kill them and everyone was afraid of them and blah-di-blah-blah. But the world has matured. Vamps and werewolves are the norm nowadays. I think someone said that every 2 in 5 people would either be a vampire or werewolf. Strange, isn't it?

But even though vampires and werewolves are now accepted, it seems that their offspring aren't. I think it's because everyone knows that the vamps and werewolves can control theirselves around people, but they aren't too sure about how much I can control myself. Which I can. I am very self-controlled.

You don't have together bitten to become a vampire anymore as well. You get born one because of your parents. You get kids who's parents are either both vampires or only one of them is. The same goes for werewolves. There has never been a kid like me before.

I suppose you're thinking that if vampires and werewolves don't eat everyone around them, then how are they surviving? Well, first of all, the vamps and werewolves of the world have adapted to living with humans. They can digest human food, but it still disgusts them. They don't need blood on a regular basis, but when they do, they drink the blood of animals, not humans. Yeah, it's possible. Werewolves don't turn every full moon, they only turn when they need to or when they get really angry. Like, really really angry. So it's a good idea to always be calm and never back-talk them.

When my mother, the vampire half of me, gets hungry, she always takes me hunting with her. It's really fun and it gives you such an adrenaline rush. And then you get to drink blood, which is the most exhilarating and pleasureful event of my life. But I'll tell you about that later.

I'm sorry, please pardon my manners. I haven't even introduced myself yet. Hi, I'm Alex. Short for Alexandria and yes, I'm a girl. I'm 17 years young, nearly 18 though. Um, I'm half vampire, half werewolf and I'm not scary at all. Except maybe when I'm a werewolf, but you'll never see me like that. I hope. I have long, curly, brown hair and I have one brown eye, one blue eye. I just needed to be more different, didn't I? I'm very pale and I don't have fangs. I do have very sharp, brilliantly white teeth though. I'm really fast, strong and I love to run. It feels amazing, especially when I can outrun both of my parents, who are extremely fast, I might add.

I'm really pale because I don't go out in the sun a lot. I won't burst into flames, but it irritates my skin and makes me kinda tired. Even if I wear sun tan lotion or whatever it still itches, like sandpaper under my skin.

I never had to go outside when I was at school. And yes, I did go to school, like a normal kid does. Except I'm not a normal kid. No one wanted to be my friend and if we had to pair up for a project or whatever I always had to go on my own. Even the vampire and werewolf kids thought I was weird.

I have a job. Well technically, it's volunteer work because I'm at the other end of a help line for kids who are being bullied. I love my job because I love feeling like I can make a difference in the world, even if it's just one kid I help or a whole bunch of kids.

So really, I'm not that different from everybody else. People are just afraid of me because they don't know anything about me. Stupid prejudice.

Ugh. I hate my life.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my new story :) I hope you reading it, I know it's a pretty short first chapter but it might be a short story, haven't decided yet :D

Okay, I know that this is, like, the most unlikely thing to ever happen but it's just an idea and I just thought of it so I had to elaborate on an idea and see where it went, so if you didn't like it, pray tell, because constructive criticism is good, but please don't be just plain mean. Thanks again! <3