Part 2

Hey person! Just thought you should know, this chapter isn't Alex's POV. Thanks for reading! Sorry if it's confusing at first, it will soon make sense :) <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You know, sometimes it really sucks being alone. One of a kind. I'd rather be like everyone else, or at least, not as different. Or at least get to see the world more than once a month. Yeah, but we don't always get what we want.

I stared at the dull, grey ceiling for what felt like more than the billionth time. I have every square inch of the room memorized, because there's nothing else to do in this stupid room. Well, actually, stupid containment cell.

I've been kept here ever since I was born. No-one except my parents, the government and myself know about me being kept here. It's because I'm dangerous. I'm the only half-werewolf, half-vampire in existence. They don't want me to be around people, in case I go on a killing spree and murder everyone on Earth or something equally crazy like that.

I'm allowed out once every month, on the eighth day. It's like being a dog, only worse. At least dogs get to run free. I have to be in here. Fun.

I've often thought about breaking out. I plan it to the very finest detail and then I just don't go through with it. I'm a little bit of a coward, because I don't know what they'd do to me if I tried to run away and I don't really want to find out. Especially because the people here are really weird and scary.

I've observed how the people here move and all their distinguishable gestures and abnormal movements. Most of them act like zombies, but I think they've been brainwashed by the government. It's possible. Well, I'm pretty sure it is.

But, this time I'm pretty sure I've figured out a fool-proof escape plan. There are two guards standing outside my door to push my food through a cat flap at meal-times and to make sure I don't escape. They work in regular shifts. Two men work from 12:00am to 8:00am and then another two relieve them of their posts. Those two guys work 8:00 am to 4:00pm and the last 8 hours are covered by a final pair of guards. Great job, right? 8 hours of standing outside a door and one lucky bugger gets to push food through a flap! Jealous!

Not.

But, when the guys that finish at 4:00pm leave, there's usually about a 3 minute period of time where no-one is outside my door. Stupid government facility. There's security cameras in the hallways around my room but none directly facing the door, which is how the get away with it. Plus, the people who are supposed to be watching the cameras don't do anything at all, apparently. They just sit around, gossip and read newspapers and magazines.

The whole building consists of four humungous rooms plus my little bunker. The first room is the laboratory/gym. It is what is says on the tin. Half of the room is full of gym equipment which has loads of wires and contraptions to measure my heart rate and stuff while they test my fitness and the other half is full of a bunch of nerds in white coats, calculating numbers and solving equations and mixing liquids of some sorts. Basically, they're trying to figure out how I am what I am and why.

The second room is the camera room which also has a little kitchen area inside, where all of my super healthy and totally minging meals are prepared and where the lazy arsed staff go to take their breaks. The chef is another nerd who puts all this crap in my food to see how I react to it and what foods make me do what and blah blah blah.

The third room is the place where I'm chucked every time I transform into a werewolf. It's just a rectangular room, entirely made of metal. It's completely plain apart from a few blood stains from the raw meat and some scratches on the walls from when I got mad and tried to escape, but the walls are like a metre thick.

The fourth and final humungous room is the reception kind of area. It's where all the staff check in and out of work and it's the first room you see when you walk into the building. The walls are painted a light blue but the isn't anything on them. There's a massive oak desk with a smiley lady named Olivia sitting behind, ready to 'answer to your every need'. She's got mahogany coloured hair and she wears half-moon glasses with lilac rims. She seems sweet and nice but she's actually horrible. She's never once said anything nice or done anything selfless to help anyone out. Outside the door stands a great muscled man called D. I don't know his actual name, I've only ever heard him be referred to as D. If I weren't half-vampire, half-werewolf, I'd be scared of him.

I only know all of this because one time when I got let out, I was taken on this tour and I snatched a floor plan from the reception place. It also has shift times and lunch break schedules on it, which is really helpful when you're trying to escape.

It's 4:00pm now. The guards just left because there was no-one talking outside my door. I grabbed a paperclip and picked the lock. Slowly, I snuck out and shut the door quietly. I pressed myself against the wall where the cameras don't seem to be pointing at. My footsteps were the only thing I could hear. It was eerily quiet which seemed strange but I ignored it. I reached the entrance to the laboratory/gym and pressed my ear to the keyhole. I could hear my name a few times in the conversation.

"Did you hear about it yet? The boss only told his most trusted workers. Apparently, Caleb ain't the only half-vamp, half-werewolf around. There's some girl called Alexandria who's mum is an actual descendant of Dracula and her dad is one of the scariest werewolves ever." a masculine, Southernly voice said.

"Yeah, I know. But this chick don't have to hide it from the world. She reckons that she's the only one of her kind. Can you imagine if she caught wind of Caleb? Wonder what the boss would say if she asked to meet him. Reckon he'd never let him go near each other. What if they had kids?" another voice said.

"They'd be superhuman! A new kind of race. They'd be powerful enough to take over the world! But then again, so are all the vamps and werewolves nowadays but they don't seem to care about that. I reckon they just wanna fit in." the first voice spoke.

Another half-vampire, half-werewolf? But I thought I was the only one! And apparently so did this 'boss'. And what those guys said. A new, superhuman race of half-breeds. They would be so much more powerful than all the regular vamps and werewolves. I see why they think the boss wouldn't let us meet. We'd be totally unstoppable. Not that I want to take over the world. Me, running the world? We'd all be doomed.

I was lost in thought until I heard a wailing siren. Crap! They found out I was escaping. They'd be after me and if they caught me.. I don't even wanna think about it.

"Hey! He's here! I found him!" a voice shouted out.

Double crap! I got up and put all the training and fitness tests into good use. I absolutely pegged it. My arms and legs were pumping and my head was rushing. I'd never run as fast as this before. It was exhilarating. I ran through to the reception area where I briefly met eyes with Olivia. Her eyes widened as I flashed her a smirk and my brilliantly white teeth glistened.

"Get him D!" she screeched.

But I was too fast. I leaped over D, which is an amazing achievement, because he was one big guy. My feet smashed to the floor and I let out a whoop. I was free! But I had to keep running and hide somewhere, or they were gonna catch me.

I spotted a forest and I sprinted into the welcoming scent of sap and oak trees. Branches whipped my face and arms but I didn't care. The wind rushed through my hair and my body felt amazing. I've never done this thing before and I felt on top of the world. It was like I could do anything!

After I felt like I had got a good enough distance away from the stupid place, I stopped to catch my breath. I'd been running for about forty minutes but I wasn't that out of breath. It felt like I had been jogging.

I needed to think about what happened next. I knew I needed to find this Alexandria, but I had no idea how. She must have been in a newspaper or something sometime. I guessed she was roughly my age, 17, so I'd need to find a really old newspaper, like at a library or something.

But I could do that tomorrow. I needed to rest. I found a particularly comfy looking piece of grass in the midst of some trees and lay down. I was well camouflaged with my dark clothing, so they shouldn't find me too soon. I was at peace with nature and I closed my eyes. Tiredness and fatigue washed over me and I fell into a heavy sleep, on the floor of the forest.